Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla Sportivo (oz)

2ZZ-GE Sportivo

Hi Drew, My name is Ray...Got it from Phil Gibert, I only got tinted windows, protection pack doesnt come as standard... I think my first change would be car headlights ??? hahha...I like those whiter ones.. and then car audio....HU,amp,sub and speakers..and then..i am not sure...

i want to lower the car...but i dont know if that will void warranty...and plus I am a newbie with manual...just learned for 1 week before going to test drive the corolla, so I think i should get used to the power and handling first. anyway I will be getting my car thursday..=) so if u see me on the road...*wave*

Hi Ray,

I ordered my new Black sportivo also from Phil Gilbert two weeks ago, still got two more weeks to go grrrr :(

Hopefully it will arrive by then...maybe

How is everything going? I guess you are driving u'r white one around now?

Michael

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• srr

• 2ZZ-GE Sportivo

• lucio_libre

• peekay34

Hi Ray,

I ordered my new Black sportivo also from Phil Gilbert two weeks ago, still got two more weeks to go grrrr :(

Hopefully it will arrive by then...maybe

How is everything going? I guess you are driving u'r white one around now?

Michael

Hi Michael,

Originally I order a black one...as well... I hope you do get urs early Sept, cos thats what the promise me as well, but at the time they had a white one..so i took that one instead :)

Mine is around 900kms now...and have rev it up a few times...(cant resist..hehe)

Overall, I love the car, there is still various noise problem stated on this forum, like near the audio unit and also after 4000rpm near the Front-right hand side on the car..but i can live with it. :)))

Ray

• 7 months later...

Hey Guys

I'm thinking of getting a Sportivo as well. I currently own a Turbo Silvia but i'm after a decent 4 door car to drive around...

My girlfriend works for Toyota which comes in handy. Just wanted to update you guys on something.

Toyota Employees get a 20% off Cars but only get 16% off Imported Toyotas such as the Sportivo. Still 16% is a great discount.

Just wanted to ask the owners if there cars have been good to them?

What mods would be done first? Exhaust/Intake? Or Chip/Apexi PowerFC?

Thanks Anyways...

A loeading motoring mag in South africa tested the RunX RSi (CTS / C Sportivo) to a 100 in 7.88 seconds and it topped out at 222kph. However this was the second example tested as the first got to 100 in 8.58 sec and topped out at 205 kph. Toyota said that the initial example had not run in properly and a second unit was supplied to the magazine. The South African built RSi's / Sportivos do not get their full dose of 141 kW, although it has been advertised as such. Has any Australian owners put their cars on the dyno. What power are you getting, at the wheels?

A loeading motoring mag in South africa tested the RunX RSi (CTS / C Sportivo) to a 100 in 7.88 seconds and it topped out at 222kph. However this was the second example tested as the first got to 100 in 8.58 sec and topped out at 205 kph. Toyota said that the initial example had not run in properly and a second unit was supplied to the magazine. The South African built RSi's / Sportivos do not get their full dose of 141 kW, although it has been advertised as such. Has any Australian owners put their cars on the dyno. What power are you getting, at the wheels?

A couple of guys in the Australian Forum have had their cars dynoed to see what sort of power the Sportivo is pulling. They ran their cars on Dyno Dynamic 4WD dynos in Shootout mode and they produced 102 and 103 kw at the wheels respectively. But like mentioned before, many factors influence the outcome. These Sortivo owners would have also been runnning on 98RON Premium Unleaded. Also the Sportivos in Australia pull roughly the same figure as the Celicas with 2ZZGE as well as the 141kw Integra Type-R. The Astra Sri Turbo with 147 engine kw also pulls just over 100kw at the front wheels as demonstarted in one magazine. However the Spotivo in that comparison only pulled 86kw, same as the Ford Focus STi. Why is anybody's guess (maybe also not run-in yet) but 2 Sportivo owners have already proven the Sportivos power output with dyno sheets posted in the gallery.

It's only the 0-100 and quarter mile times that are not justified. The greatest culprit is the weight, gearbox and gear ratios. I just cannot see a 2ZZGE equipped car with the same 6 speed box pulling high 14s or even low 15s, unless the car weighs less than 1100kg. Even the Celica in Japan which uses 100RON and above fuel pulls a 15.8s quarter mile when dragged against an EK version Civic Type-R (135kw) that ran a 15.3.

when i get hold of the gps again i gonna try and see how toyota get 0-60 in 8.4 gonna try to change gears before it hit the lift

even tho all the corolla share the same engine i am sure our euro 3dr tsport are quicker than the runX or the spotivo mainly we have two door less

I think in Europe, they do tests for 0-60mph which only takes 1 gear change. However in Australia, they test the car for 0-100km/h which is 62mph and they need 2 gear changes, as 2nd gear only goes up to 98km/h as stated in the manual. I don't think the 2 extra doors would have caused the Aussie CTS to lose that much time. Will also do individual testings soon to see how i fair :P

ok think i made a mistake toyota saids 0-62mph is 8.4 which now it make sense cos like you said need the third gear to get there and changing from 2 - 3 third will take a good second

the test most of us did was 0-60mph thats why we all found the corolla is faster than toyota say but thats to 60mph not 62mph

i happy going with this one so no more testing for me

NA-POWER on your manual 2nd gear goes up to 98km/h

on my manual 2nd gear goes up to 99km/h

here is my owners manual 2ZZ-GE engine

gear km/h (mph)

1 64 39

2 99 61

3 137 85

4 175 108

5 222 137

6 :P :P

you may not think the 2 extra doors would caused the sportivo to lose that much time ok fair enoungh

but if the 2 cars have a race my money will be on the 3dr euro corolla tsport to cross the line first :P :D

I am quite sure i have had mine at 65 on the clock in 2nd ... i relise they are not 100% accurate but i think i can do 62mph in second

• 2 weeks later...

Since this was first mentioned, has anyone personally taken their sportivo down the 1/4 mile??

Also, did you guys run yours in so to speak or not? The dealer i got mine from said there is no need to any more....

• 3 weeks later...

hey you guys... i just purchased a Sportivo... second hand but inexcellent condition... i tell u its fast... i took on the old clelicas.... and it couldnt go past me...the thing im asking is.... whats the perfect REV lineto change gears... i leave as close 7.5 x 1000 RPM for the next gear change...

also.... becuz its a front wheel drive car... i was wondering what methods are their to luanch it.... becuz im used to a rear wheel drive car... and that method i think might not be good for the car...

hehehe if u guys are from melbourne... u might be able to see me on the princes HWY i think heading towards springvale... if sooo watch out for a silver sportivo...

hey all,

I've just ordered a 2004 black sportivo & just cant wait to get it, some stupid ADR ruleing wont let toyota release them tho... My new cars sitting down at the wharf waiting for its virgin thrashing... I've already got new stereo components for it sitting in my room, but no !Removed! car for it... This just isnt good enufff toyota....

:ffs:

But by what you all saying I'm sure its woorth the wait...

I need to do something to it but not sure what??? I want new exhaust, has any1 done anything worthwhile & if so what???

Thanks all

Hey there you aussies, im from SA and just recently got a Runx 160RS, Black :D

the reason your car wont be release could possibly be becuase toyota just paid a 12 Million Rand fine for things like this...

The runx (sportivo) RSI costs 199 Thousand Rand here, and if you guys convert the ammout you pay for it into Rands, you pay about 155 thousand..

So i believe they got into some trouble over this, very nasty stuff, i coulda got the rsi if cars werent so expensive here :crybaby:

I hope youre not heading for a price fluctuation of the car

• 4 months later...

I managed a 15.7s 1/4mile and a 169km/h speed on a 600m run, my car pushes 123kw and 164nm on the wheels

• 1 year later...

Hi guys, im new on this forum and i saw that everybody is getting their Sportivo's Black. I just ordered my Brand New Sportivo Corolla 2006 yesterday. And yes it's definately BLACK!!! They said it would take 2-2.5 months to recieve it which is a bit of a bugger :( But, im happy to become a sportivo owner as my dad's a toyota employee and we have just received an 18% off the car's total value. Which brings it down to about 25grand instead of 31-32grand. :D Im going to start modifying as soon as i pick up the rolla sportivo. Starting with an exhaust system from blitz, air filter from trd or k&n, flywheel from trd and 18 or 19 inch wheels. Followed by Bilstein adjustable suspension. If money left, maybe even a carbon fibre bonnet. However im very excited as i've heard great things about the hot fast hatch. I knew the sportivo was quicker than 8 second mark to 100km/h. As it was stated earlier that the real figures were close to 7.4 and 7.6 seconds. Im definately sure that it's easily possible to beat the Golf GTI's performance figures which is about 7.1 to 7.2 to 100kmh but the only reason being that the sportivo is a little bit slower is because the boost of the sportivo comes on a bit later. With a VVTL-i Controller, reprogrammed, it will easily rip the GTI. Anyways, when i get the car, ill paste pics asap. Also im wondering if its possible to get SAT-NAV and sunroof for the Sportivo and how much those extras will cost as im thinking of adding them on the order list. Buri,

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links