Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Having A Very Bad Car Day!

dvdmeister

Hey all

Have had a triple of things happen to me car in the last day - firstly I notice on the right wing theres a streak of some wierd grey muck which I can't get off and have no idea what it is (doesn't look like car paint, and is too high up anyway), then I notice the ridge at the windscreen side of the bonnet has a fairly big dent in it :( and then to top it all off on the way home I push the A/C button and the damned thing disappears inside the centre console :eek:

So does anyone have any good suggestions for cack removal from paint e.g. good cleaning products, does anyone have any dent improver thingy recommendations, and does anyone know if the busted button is covered by the Toyota extended warranty? It looks like the button has just sheared off - in the hole which it sits in, there are two thin lines of plastic on the bottom on either side which look like shearing points - they are that kind of lighter 'broken plastic' colour :( - how easy is it to get behind the center console assuming I can't get it fixed for free?

Here's hoping that the whole "bad things in three's" theory is true - I can't take anymore :crybaby:

Hey all

Have had a triple of things happen to me car in the last day - firstly I notice on the right wing theres a streak of some wierd grey muck which I can't get off and have no idea what it is (doesn't look like car paint, and is too high up anyway), then I notice the ridge at the windscreen side of the bonnet has a fairly big dent in it :( and then to top it all off on the way home I push the A/C button and the damned thing disappears inside the centre console :eek:

So does anyone have any good suggestions for cack removal from paint e.g. good cleaning products, does anyone have any dent improver thingy recommendations, and does anyone know if the busted button is covered by the Toyota extended warranty? It looks like the button has just sheared off - in the hole which it sits in, there are two thin lines of plastic on the bottom on either side which look like shearing points - they are that kind of lighter 'broken plastic' colour :( - how easy is it to get behind the center console assuming I can't get it fixed for free?

Here's hoping that the whole "bad things in three's" theory is true - I can't take anymore :crybaby:

For the dent, I think it's worth checking out the insurance policy of the car. Mine is direct line insurance, they cover any windscreen cover and don't affect your no claim bonus. If it is big, I think they will replace the whole thing for you for free. :thumbsup:

Thanks for your input but I musta given the wrong impression - the dent isn't in the windscreen thankfully, but is on the bonnet on the ridge that runs across the car about an inch from the rear edge of the bonnet :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links