Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Finally Get The Tte Done...

KevT3

Hi all,

As I have mentioned in this forum before, I asked my dealer to fit the TTE exhaust but the dealer failed to fit it properly and leaks. They said that they need a new gasket to prevent the leak...

I went back to the dealer to have it fixed after the gasket has arrived. On top of it, they also charge me for 2 bolts and 1 "spring conpress"? Does anyone know what that is?

Anyways, got it fitted, think it's a lot quieter than a leaky one :thumbsup:

I was curious and had a look underneath the car, but then found that there are some water dripping between the joint between the muffler and the middle pipe. Is it normal?

I know dripping at the back of the titlepipe is normal, but never realise they drip in between the joint as well? Or is it just some condensation from outside?

Kev

Mine does that aswell the water dripping nothing to be consured over . the water is from the INSIDE of the exhaust .

you could jack your Rolla up on the driversside at the back and than get your wheel of and tighten the 2 bolts again where the springs ar around .

Mine does that aswell the water dripping nothing to be consured over . the water is from the INSIDE of the exhaust .

you could jack your Rolla up on the driversside at the back and than get your wheel of and tighten the 2 bolts again where the springs ar around .

Thx G6-R! Your help has been really appreciated ! :thumbsup:

Sorry for keep asking question.

So it is ok then, but I would have thought if water can leak through the joint, does that mean gas can too?

Kev

Sure some exhaust gas comes out but thats with the water nothing to be consurend about

Thit you contact TGB already ?

Sure some exhaust gas comes out but thats with the water nothing to be consurend about

Thit you contact TGB already ?

TGB? You mean the dealer? I had it fitted in the toyota dealer... they had trouble fitting the exhaust and need me to pay for two new bolts and spring and a new gasket....

I guess with all those new stuff in place, it shouldn't leak a drop of water. :)

But i am wrong. Thx for telling me that is normal.

Kev

Would the very very little leak affect performance?

Thit you contact TGB already ? oops this was for chk85 William with his TTS strutbrace :!Removed!:

TGB? You mean the dealer? I had it fitted in the toyota dealer... they had trouble fitting the exhaust and need me to pay for two new bolts and spring and a new gasket....

I guess with all those new stuff in place, it shouldn't leak a drop of water. :)

Kev

:!Removed!: Yo Kevin i mean by TGB ---- Toyota Great Brittan this was for CKman85 meant :!Removed!: :wacko:

and by the connection of the TTE Backbox to the rest of the exhaust inside now its CLEAN afther a whyle this getting dirty( burning gasses) olso from the inside and than the leaking stops

but you could try to tighten a little bit more on the 2 bolts :yes:

Thit you contact TGB already ? oops this was for chk85 William with his TTS strutbrace :!Removed!:

Kev

Yo Kevin i mean by TGB ---- Toyota Great Brittan

and by the connection of the TTE Backbox to the rest of the exhaust inside now its CLEAN afther a whyle this getting dirty( burning gasses) olso from the inside and than the leaking stops

but you could try to tighten a little bit more on the 2 bolts :yes:

oh i c... :lol: so it's not good to be "too clean" then :) ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links