Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear Wiper

philcook

Hi,

Just thought I’d get you guys opinion, as it is vaguely starting to warm (was snowing yesterday) up I’m stating to get ready to do some work on my AE92 usual rust problems one of the area I will be tackling is the boot.

It currently has no rear wiper and didn't have one when I bought it, I think needs new motor as doesn’t seem to do any thing when I turn it on.

I am contemplating removing it and all fittings and filler the hole where it was.

Or I could get new wiper arm and replace the wiper motor.

What are your thoughts?

Regards

Phil.

With all the problems the AE92 Corolla has with rust on the bootlid, I'd be inclined to remove it and the rubber surround to the window and do a right job cutting out rust, filling it and sealing it up nicely again, with a nice paint job to follow.

I don't think the rear wiper is of much use on a small hatchback anyway... just something else to go wrong... and the area cleaned off is pretty small anyway!

if your interested and want to keep the rear wiper mine is availiable

£20 +p+p.

they are usefull as the 92 tends to pull a lot of spray ont the rear window.

In my opinion I would keep it as when it does rain heavy the screen doesnt clear. As for the rust issue the cause of the rust on tailgates is due to the rubber seal between the tailgate and glass failing so water seeps in, its usually why the tailgates rust from the area directly underneath the seal. If you remove the seal be careful as they can split and cost around about £50+ vat from Mr T

In my opinion I would keep it as when it does rain heavy the screen doesnt clear.

My tailgate seems to be going rusty behind the number plate and around that area; the seals are in good condition thankfully.

I was just thinking I am going to doing work removing rust wouldn't be too much effort to remove wiper as well. I think might get hold of another wiper arm then and possibly new motor, the only down side to having a wiper is another thing I have to ensure keeps working as if you have one it has to work for MOT (have suspicion that why it wasn't on car when bought it, removed it to pass MOT.) Where as if got rid completely wouldn't have to work for MOT, but would be nice to see out back window clearly when wet.

Regards

Phil.

as far as i know the rear wiper is not part of the MOT (waits to be corrected)

only the front wash wipe is MOT,able

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links