Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Finally Got One!

__Nick__

am i being blonde, or are there no piccies in this thread!

i saw BLACK MR2... and neeeeeeded to seee! lol :)

Car looks great mate, just be carefull in the wet with those nankangs on the rear.....they're crap!!

am i being blonde, or are there no piccies in this thread!

i saw BLACK MR2... and neeeeeeded to seee! lol :)

that would be you being blonde :)

Very nice looking car you have brought :yes: Should wax your car with autoglym supreme :thumbsup: Thats specially made for black or dark colours ;) Try it mate.

jerry!!

Very nice looking car you have brought :yes: Should wax your car with autoglym supreme :thumbsup: Thats specially made for black or dark colours ;) Try it mate.

jerry!!

I used turtle wax platenum edition (looked best on the shelf :P )

Some friggin effort! Will have to invest in a buffer sometime soon i think!

Thanks again for the comments! - I'm loving every minute in it at the mo!

Although my horn doesn't work - and when it does: what a camp beep!

The best wax i found when i had my black '2 was meguires gold class.

Dead easy to use and doesn't leave swirl marks either....

P1010024.jpg

Seriously tho, any1 know whats wrong with my horn?

I've discovered that being in a low black car means a lot of footballers wifes in their 4x4's apparently cant see you anymore and have resorted to revving them away coz the horn dont work :'(

It's scary! Everyone seems to aim at my pride n joy....never happened in the corsa surprisingly enough :angry:

I've discovered that being in a low black car means a lot of footballers wifes in their 4x4's apparently cant see you anymore and have resorted to revving them away coz the horn dont work :'(

It's scary! Everyone seems to aim at my pride n joy....never happened in the corsa surprisingly enough :angry:

yo mate, well I've just had issues with my horn recently but Leeky very kindly fixed it for me :) so I'll just list the process of elimination we went through.

- check relay, if its clicking when you press the button then its working.

- check that horn is connected at front :P check the horns earth.

- give horn a wack? Bibbs told me that one :) ( sometimes they can be clogged with road crap )

- and also check in the steering wheel that the wire hasn't sheered itself away which was wat had happened to mine, leeky just soldered it back into place and Im sounding my hair dressers horn whenever I can now :P B)

hope that info is of some use to you mate :)

yo mate, well I've just had issues with my horn recently but Leeky very kindly fixed it for me :) so I'll just list the process of elimination we went through.

- check relay, if its clicking when you press the button then its working.

- check that horn is connected at front :P check the horns earth.

- give horn a wack? Bibbs told me that one :) ( sometimes they can be clogged with road crap )

- and also check in the steering wheel that the wire hasn't sheered itself away which was wat had happened to mine, leeky just soldered it back into place and Im sounding my hair dressers horn whenever I can now :P B)

hope that info is of some use to you mate :)

I shall experiment in the morning! the last one sounds closest i think...because it works sometimes! (not really a horn to boast about really tho :blink: )

Does it jus pull off? lol - am still in the way of being extremely gentle with it at the mo!

well my 2 has an airbag wheel so after carefully removing that the sheered wire was exposed :D I think leeky said it was easier to get to the horn contacts on a wheel without a airbag, mine had 2 big screws/bolts holding the arbag and front steering wheel cover to the wheel, but now that I've been shown can get it off nice and quick so not hard at all I'd say :)

well my 2 has an airbag wheel so after carefully removing that the sheered wire was exposed :D I think leeky said it was easier to get to the horn contacts on a wheel without a airbag, mine had 2 big screws/bolts holding the arbag and front steering wheel cover to the wheel, but now that I've been shown can get it off nice and quick so not hard at all I'd say :)

I dont think mine has an airbag....if it does i'll post pics of my injuries tomorrow! Hope its jus a case of soldering it back together tho! i like quick fixes :D

Thanks for the advice! :thumbsup:

You won't have an airbag but it will be screwed together from the back of the wheel :thumbsup:

The horn for some reason works perfectly when the car is 1st started up, but after a 2 min drive - failed to be able to make enough noise for a mate of mine to hear me! Seriously feeble camp beep....

Those friggin screwes on the plastic cover jus dont come out! They spin, but thats about it. Gave them a good thump with my screwdriver handle by sticking my hand though the front grill....lovelly noise whist stationary - same problem happens after driving!

(from my physics days) - sounds like a capacitor blatantly doesn't work or somethin. Wiring a possibility? do i really have to try n lob off the steering wheel? :unsure:

perhaps it might be worth replacing the relay then? just thinking what it could be.

relay is 6 quid from Toyota, and its in the front boot in the fuse box there :D it should be marked as horn relay too, but I'm not sure thats what it is but it could be :unsure::thumbsup:

relay is 6 quid from Toyota, and its in the front boot in the fuse box there :D it should be marked as horn relay too, but I'm not sure thats what it is but it could be :unsure::thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Cheers Flamby! - I've had a nose around in there! Will try n get hold of one next week...Fingers crossed!

Anyone know if a mechanic tests a cars horn on the move or stationary when doing its MOT? might be able to get away with it when the time comes :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links