Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Yaris 1 Litre

Starensis

Had a New Yaris courtesy car the other day whilst my wife's 1.3 Colour Collection was having some warranty work done on it.

How coubik is that 1.0 litre engine! It seems as though it is a 4 cylinder engine but only firing on 3.

The car itself is excellent, but if I were to buy one I would have to have the 1.3 or 1.4 Diesel.

You can actually see the speedo from the passeger seat on the new Yaris. Apparently, driving school's were having to have separate dials fitted to the Mk1 as you cannot see the speed the learner driver is doing. This is no longer an issue on the Mk2.

Liked the audio system. Crisper sound, still with 4 Speakers. Didn't like computer info window though. It is small & fiddly. Feels much bigger car than the Mk1.

Got our 1.3 back yesterday & what a difference in refinement & performance in comparison to the 1.0 litre.

Anyone else driven the 3 cylinder 1 litre?

Yeah I have.... it wasnt all that bad, but I just felt it lacking at times.....

I've driven the 1.3 as well and thats a great little drive - I'd recommend the 1.3 over the 1.0, I just felt it struggled a little too much on the main roads, was fine in the city though! :thumbsup:

There is actually a full review of the new Yaris (both the 1.0 and 1.3 that I drove) in this quarters edition of the Newsletter btw! :thumbsup:Link to TOC Newsletter!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links