Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

17" Alloys On A Corolla Si

petermarston

:) i want to put 17" alloys with 205/40 tires on my 1995 N corolla 1.6 si and was wandering wether they would fit with no modifications on the standard springs and shocks without any problems ,thanks

Welcome to TOC :cheers:

I think you should be ok as long as you get the right offset, but i cant remember what it should be :huh:

I have 16" on mine which is also lowered 35mm with uprated shocks and the clearance is fine :thumbsup:

Welcome to TOC :cheers:

I think you should be ok as long as you get the right offset, but i cant remember what it should be :huh:

I have 16" on mine which is also lowered 35mm with uprated shocks and the clearance is fine :thumbsup:

thanks, what size alloys would you recommend 16" or 17" as i want big alloys and want to improve the handling as well, from the 14" standard wheels :thumbsup:

I chose 16s because:

1) They were cheaper :D

2) They still fill the arches nicely now its lowered :thumbsup:

If you want better handling, have you considered uprated shocks? i fitted them to mine and with the springs, shocks and alloys the car handles a lot better now :)

The ride is a fair bit harsher, but it doesnt bother me :thumbsup:

A pic of mine on 16s:

CorollaGXI9.jpg

if i uprated the shocks and got better springs would the ride be better on 16" or 17" ,cheers :thumbsup:

Not sure as i have never had 17s on mine, i think that the ride maybe a bit better on the 16s and acceleration should be slightly better, but dont think theres much in it.

Biggest difference will be to your wallet :lol::thumbsup:

if i uprated the shocks and got better springs would the ride be better on 16" or 17" ,cheers :thumbsup:

Depends what you want from the car. If you uprated the shocks and got lower springs if would reduce body roll and lower the centre of gravity of the car, but you dnt want it too stiff (depending what the roads are like near you).

I think the car would look better with 16's and, like jones said, spend the money saved on improving the suspension setup. 16's would probably be slightly more forgiving over the bumps than 17's, but not by much. If you do go for big rims, try and get lightweight ones otherwise you'll affect the cars performance - rolling weight is a lot more noticable to performance than a 'dead' weight of similar value.

i have 17"s on my corolla 1.3 1993when i bought it and i found the acceration suffers alot i run it with 14" bbs wheels while had new tyres fitted it was much more fun 2 drive with smaller wheels

i had 17" wheels with the correct offset on my rolla. the car was lowered 40mm with matched shocks and springs. the cars handling was unreal, but the rear tyres did rub ever so slightly when going over large bumps in the road.....but i wouldnt let it put you off doing it.

DSCF0019.jpg

Corolla4age - Your gonna need to make your sig smaller, 60 pixles height restriction :yes::thumbsup:

EDIT: Welcome to the club :thumbsup::laughing:

handling is much better with the 17"s i havent lowered my car yet, any ideas where i can get a lowering kit from about 30-40mm

handling is much better with the 17"s i havent lowered my car yet, any ideas where i can get a lowering kit from about 30-40mm

Clicky

:thumbsup:

16's, i took the 17's off my rolla and put standard rims back on, looks better i think! :P the drop helps though ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links