Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Just Wondering

cruisestockprt.com

is it possible to put a t-sport engine in a 1.0 chassis? i would have to change the ecu i think. but where would i be able to get hold of an engine and ecu and how much should i expect to pay? thanks

youll pay more insurance ona car with an engine conversin as its concidered a major modification

where youll pay less on a car that already has it

as everyone said, project or not - installing a T-sport engine in a 1.0 is pointless beyond all doubt.

It would be much better to start with a T-sport for any project if you wanted the 1.5, both finacially and engineering wise...

Plus the tsport has uprated brakes etc (which you could obviously update) but also an uprated chassis! (Sits lower etc. which would be harder to make from your 1litre) Therefore buy a tsport and do something wacky with that instead. There is absolutely no point in putting a tpot engine in a 1L. You would deffo have to change ECU btw. Totally not worth it mate!

Be a complete waste of time and money and it still wouldn't be as good as a t sport

does sound like a strange project, your taking a 1L car and putting a bigger engine in it, which you could just buy already in that car, it sounds like toyota beat you to the project, just buy the t-sport and supercharge it.

Don't bother with a t-sport engine, what's the point? If you're going to do it, slam a 4e-fte in it, now THAT is a project

iamwithstupid.gif

As said just buy a T Sport if you want that engine.

Can you not make your little project work with a whole T-Sport? Does seem stupid to buy an engine to put in the same base model of car!! Buy a T-Sport and have done, then you have the added advantage of a nicer interior and air con, and an all round better car!! :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links