Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Clutch

jagitoyota

Corolla 2003 (77000 mileage done), I think the clutch is going, on acceration it judders sometime, could anyone tell me what this is going to cost, please.

Jagi

I have a 1996 XLI and it's done 97000 miles. I recently had the handbrake cable replaced, and my mechanic told me that the clutch was on the way out. He said the car seemed to be roaring at times, especially when going up hills. He said it was an early sign of the clutch going. He said if I go easy on it, I should get a couple of months more out of it. The he told me that to replace it will cost 400 euros. I am in Dublin.

Hope this is some help to you, but if anyone can tell me if that sounds like a rip off, please let me know.

Cheers

Hope this is some help to you, but if anyone can tell me if that sounds like a rip off, please let me know.

I had my clutch done whilst having a recon gearbox fitted as had the usual 5th gear problem with my AE92 so mine was only price of clutch as had the gearbox off anyway, but shouldn't really be more than £200 as relatively simple job just takes bit of time to have clutch replaced as have to remove gearbox. 400Euro (don't seem to have euro key on my keyboard) don't sound too bad?

Best idea is phone around to get selection of quotes from garages and compare the prices, that what I normally do if I think they quoting me dodgy price. Phone couple random garages from phone book ask how much to have clutch replaced.

Regards

Phil.

Cheers Phil.

Just wondered if the symptoms that I described earlier are fitting with the clutch on the way out?

My car does semm to roar a little, when going up hills or whatever? And how much time do people think it'll hold out for as I do drive up and down the country about twice a week, although it's only Ireland I'm talking about!

There is an easy way to tell if your clutch is on the way out ( although some consider it a bit brutal ).

With the engine running put the gear stick in 4th. gear, handbreak off ( you must be on level ground ) :thumbsup: and let the clutch out. If the engine keeps running then the clutch has nearly had it!!!! If it stalls the clutch is not too bad !!!

There is an easy way to tell if your clutch is on the way out ( although some consider it a bit brutal ).

With the engine running put the gear stick in 4th. gear, handbreak off ( you must be on level ground ) :thumbsup: and let the clutch out. If the engine keeps running then the clutch has nearly had it!!!! If it stalls the clutch is not too bad !!!

If the engine keeps running, won't I go careering forwards though :unsure:

If the engine keeps running, won't I go careering forwards though :unsure:

http://home.hamptonroads.com/stories/story...9031&ran=161099

according to this, you are correct to advise this test. Cheers mate

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links