Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Quad Throttle Bodies

Gilly2006

if you throw enough money at it, you will be able to have quad throttles on your 4afe......but you have to take into account how much it will cost, and then compare it to the cost of doing a complete silvertop 4age conversion. basicly, the power that you can propduce with the 4afe will be limited by the head design which is economy orientated. if you want itbs, just do the silvertop swap.

another alternative (and much cheaper) is to get rid of the fuel injection, and get twin carbs....although some fabrication may still be required (inlet manifold)

:eek: what the man said. I have some quads to go on to a 4age head, but i'm just going to sell them on since the work/money to get them working is not worth it.

"Off-the-shelf" Quad TB kits for the 4A-GE start at about £1200.00 for an idea on pricing. Custom jobs will be much, much more...

i have a spare set of silvertop throttle bodies,but they are fairly useless without expensive engine management, or an origional 20v ecu.

you cant run throttle bodies on a standard 4afe/4age ecu, even with a piggyback ecu......is this right??

i have a spare set of silvertop throttle bodies,but they are fairly useless without expensive engine management, or an origional 20v ecu.

you cant run throttle bodies on a standard 4afe/4age ecu, even with a piggyback ecu......is this right??

Yes you are correct mate! :yes: I run my 20v on Omex management, which did cost a few pennies but worth every penny!

Are you interested in selling your spare ITB's??

That also applys to you OriRacer! PM me with prices if either of you are interested in selling! I need a spare set to modify for my full race 20v im building! :D

Yes you are correct mate! :yes: I run my 20v on Omex management, which did cost a few pennies but worth every penny!

That also applys to you OriRacer! PM me with prices if either of you are interested in selling! I need a spare set to modify for my full race 20v im building! :D

im hoping to get a 20v eventually in my E11...what bhp/torque are you looking at with non-standard management?

Thanks, Joe.

i also forgot to mention, theres a hole in the fuel rail :ffs:

im hoping to get a 20v eventually in my E11...what bhp/torque are you looking at with non-standard management?

Thanks, Joe.

Well Toyota lied about the 20v power figures from factory, stating the silver top is 160bhp and the black top was 165bhp, where they actually ran closer to 140-150bhp! This was due to very restictive emission control pants etc!

With Omex management i have actually achived the original power output of 165! But that is on a silver top! Its not that pokey tbh, but as my car is very light at just under 800kg, the power to weight ratio is 206bhp per ton!

Im building a full race 20v at the mo, and am hpoing to see the magical 200bhp figure later this year! :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links