Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis T-spirit Vrs Passat Highline

taximark

Now i know I've done this subject before but its down to these two, the Skoda Superb was also in the running but that has taken Bronze.

I love Toyota's for reliability however the more modern models have suffered with bad reports but also the Passat has had a few bad reports on electrical problems.

Both are nice cars but im swinging back to Toyota because it has more extras like cruise control.

My current Avensis is bullet proof after 250 k so that has been a good plus.

I like them both but can't decide, i will be looking to buy around August maybe later but doing my homework now .

new or near new?

if new or newer than 2004, then the issues regarding the vvti engines should not affect you as they should now have countermeasures for those problems. :thumbsup:

I really, really like my Avensis... I'd like a T-spirit once my T3-x goes the way of all metal

You'd get more toys on the Avensis! The rain sensor wipers and autodim mirror are just cool, electric leather seats in the t-spirit too...:drool:

My mate has a Passat, and they are very nice, so I can appreciate your dilemma. :blink:

(though it's fun to say.. oh, in mine, that's authomatic)

I do prefer my Avensis. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the reply, well to answer your question i will be going for a D4D T-spirit as it will be a Taxi and economical is the name of the game in our trade. However my current 98 1.8 Avensis is petrol and the economy on this for a car with 250k on the clock it outstanding. The car would probably be a 05 nearly new model (maybe late 04).

There has been a few taxi drivers that has had flywheel problems on the d4d that initially put me off and consequently put me on to the Passat highline (their top of the range model) but i just kept thinking about Toyota's quality and reliability and it puts me back to them. Also the fact that my current Toyota has been an equivalent round the world 10 times without major problems (only an out put shaft in g/box at 190k).

I must say i sat in a Passat and to be honest i wasn't that impressed inside as i thought for a flagship model it looked rather dull and bland (no cruise control either).

These two cars are popular as Taxi's but separating them is extremely difficult.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links