Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Picked Up 04 T Sport Tuesday Sounds "tappy" On Tick Over

wilber44

hi picked up car tuesday drives superb only thing on tick over sounds like a odd tappet rattle (not bad cannot hear in car only when near bonnet.) is this anything to worry about or shall i wrap it wround my toyota dealers neck (got 12 months warranty)

:unsure:

hi picked up car tuesday drives superb only thing on tick over sounds like a odd tappet rattle (not bad cannot hear in car only when near bonnet.) is this anything to worry about or shall i wrap it wround my toyota dealers neck (got 12 months warranty)

mine used to do that, it was the aux belt tensioner... :thumbsup:

nothing serious then it only does it when it's warm, cold there is no noise but have other major problem our lass won't give me the keys, i see a divorce coming on, she can have the house i'll have the t-sport :crybaby:

I don't think that's what makes the sound. It's a ticking noise.... I think it's the injectors.... it's not a problem as all T Sports sound like that on tick-over :thumbsup:

Mine has started to sound a bit rattly on tick over, ever since it had a service when they put in Mobil 1 5-30 Fully Synth oil.

I'm putting it down to it being thin (usually go with 40).

Steve

Mine has started to sound a bit rattly on tick over, ever since it had a service when they put in Mobil 1 5-30 Fully Synth oil.

I'm putting it down to it being thin (usually go with 40).

Steve

thanks everyone managed to prize the keys from she who must be obeyed and took it for a little spin at the legal speed limit. (but not saying who's speed limit, after all we are in europe.) brilliant apart from the ruddy stone chip i got in the windscreen.( autowindscreens to the rescue) unfortunately she saw it before i could get it repaired. bye bye tsport keys.but not worried it will want petrol soon i'll get the keys then.(it's funny how they want to know how to work c.d. and heater but don't know where bonnet or fuel catch is

might be the alternator, spray some wd40 into it and see if the noise goes.

doesn't do any harm to it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links