Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Engine

legend

Hi all

This might be a silly question but can a yaris engine fit in a aygo ????

becasue on the c1 a tuner has put in a 1.6 16v engine from a c2.

If a yaris 1.5 T-Sport enigne is put into a aygo it will go like hell !!!!!!!!!! :D

Hi all

This might be a silly question but can a yaris engine fit in a aygo ????

becasue on the c1 a tuner has put in a 1.6 16v engine from a c2.

If a yaris 1.5 T-Sport enigne is put into a aygo it will go like hell !!!!!!!!!! :D

The Aygo is particularly light because of the weight of the engine. I would imagine it wouldn't be worth it.

:blink: It wouldnt go much faster...if your doing that why not buy a yaris in the first place?? :rolleyes:

:blink: It wouldnt go much faster...if your doing that why not buy a yaris in the first place?? :rolleyes:

IC IC i get your point !!!! :)

Is there any upgrades to make the aygo quicker ???

engine wise ????

:blink: It wouldnt go much faster...

What? Of course it would! :rolleyes:

I think it would be pretty rapid with a T-Sport engine in it! Do it! :thumbsup:

:blink: It wouldnt go much faster...

What? Of course it would! :rolleyes:

I think it would be pretty rapid with a T-Sport engine in it! Do it! :thumbsup:

Would the enigine fit in the aygo becasue there is no room left with the standard 3 cylinder engine in.

Since the T- Sport engine is a 1,5 16v would it fit????

Also i heard that the gearbox is weak so would it be better to change the gear box aswell ???? :)

I doubt it would fit because in my brothers engine bay (Yaris T-Sport) there is absolutely no room left and I can only imagine the Aygo engine bay is smaller! There is always the back though! :D

I doubt it would fit because in my brothers engine bay (Yaris T-Sport) there is absolutely no room left and I can only imagine the Aygo engine bay is smaller! There is always the back though! :D

LOL :D

Mid engine front wheel drive!!!!!!!! crazy !!!!!!!!!!!!! :wacko:

Has anyone herad of the Daihatsu Charade Turbo???? It also has a 3 cylinder 12v engine but its turbo charged :drool: producing 100bhp !!!!!!

Does this mean that the aygo could also have a turbo????? or is the charade completely different ???? :help:

LOL :D

Mid engine front wheel drive!!!!!!!! crazy !!!!!!!!!!!!! :wacko:

Convert it to RWD mate, it's the way to go! :D :thumbsup:

Has anyone herad of the Daihatsu Charade Turbo???? It also has a 3 cylinder 12v engine but its turbo charged :drool: producing 100bhp !!!!!!

Does this mean that the aygo could also have a turbo????? or is the charade completely different ???? :help:

Chrck out this article on the Charade mental car!!!! http://www.autospeed.com/cms/A_1126/articl...?popularArticle

you obviously haven't heard or the Daihatsu Storia X4, the special edition was a 700cc turbo 4WD producing 200BHP!!!

Daihatsu Boon X4 Rallye car

3cilinder 936cc 98KW-133HP at 7200tpm, 133Nm (13,5kgm) at 3600tpm

17632.jpg

with the turbo being the size of a washing machine :/

no no no even a small turbo will do !!!!

to make 100 - 150bhp from the aygo would be great :drool: because the aygo only weight roughly about 1000kg 5dr and air con so the power to weight ratio would be good hopefully :rolleyes:

So are you guys being serious? Adding a turbo? Has it acutally been done?

Im looking into a K&N Air Filter for mine, any suggestions? Only problem with fitting a turbo is you'd void the warranty on the engine, not to mention how much you'd have to surely re-enforce the engine. I dont know too much about engines so if any1 can help let me know! :thumbsup:

you obviously haven't heard or the Daihatsu Storia X4, the special edition was a 700cc turbo 4WD producing 200BHP!!!

woo i nearly fell of my seat.... maybe

put a 3SGTE in one, then it WILL go fast

the aygo only weight roughly about 1000kg 5dr and air con so the power to weight ratio would be good hopefully :rolleyes:

The weight according to Parkers is only 825kg (3dr) and 835kg (5dr) :eek::thumbsup:

over 100kg lighter than the Yaris TS (950kg) :)

Im looking into a K&N Air Filter for mine, any suggestions? Only problem with fitting a turbo is you'd void the warranty on the engine, not to mention how much you'd have to surely re-enforce the engine. I dont know too much about engines so if any1 can help let me know! :thumbsup:

LOL might do after warranty goes !!!!!!!!!! only a suggestion to see has anyone has done it on this kind of engines becasue another toyota called the passeo or something like that has the same engine and its been out a bit now in HK

it all depends on cost

LOL might do after warranty goes !!!!!!!!!! only a suggestion to see has anyone has done it on this kind of engines becasue another toyota called the passeo or something like that has the same engine and its been out a bit now in HK

it all depends on cost

its called the PASSO which has the same ENGINE AS THE AYGO !!!!

if a c2 VTS engine fits a c1 then it will fit into an aygo... :bookworm:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links