Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Any Advice Appreciated - Buying Soon...

Jesper O

Hi guys

I am pondering the puchase of a new car and serious in my thoughts is the avensis.

Can afford aomething 03,04 ish - looked at lots and wanted to get views on models, problems, benefits.

i.e.

T4? worth it?

T Spirit? - better than t3x?

Can cd changer be added easily?

Is wood dash cheap?

Try a Camry CDX instead, higher-spec than T-spirit Avensis, built in Japan and won't cost any more used than an Avensis even though they were several thousand more when new.

My t3x is a great car brought it 3 months ago with 9k on the clock for £10250. Ok theres a bit of tyre noise but that seems to affect all avensis models. T4 is same has the t3x but has the sat nav and bigger alloys, if you want bigger alloys and sat nav then the t4 is your car. The T-spirit is the top of the shop model and has cruise control leather seats 17inch alloys etc. There dont seem to be many t4 and t spirit's out there the most common grades are t3-s and t3x. The t3x gives you more toys but the t3s gives you sat nav. Has for engines the 1.8 gives a good turn of speed and can return upto 47mpg. The 2.0 i've not drove so cannot comment. The diesel 2.0 offers a good surge of speed once the turbo is up and spining, but the mid range pull is fantastic. The 1.8's have an electric power steering which i feel gives better feed back than the hydrolic systems on the 2.0 vvt-i and 2.0 d4-d. I have heard some people say the electric power steering can feel twitchy. Has for ride and handling its firm but without being to harsh, takes bends well with body roll kept well under control and theres plenty of grip. For a large car its very easy to drive and fun. I've done 3000 miles in mine in 3 months and only noticed a few little niggles these are:

rattle from trim on dashboard this can be fixed i've been told, thats a job to be done on next service

rear wiper lifts of screen at m-ways speeds this has been sorted by new models using a metal rear wiper not plastic this to i'm having replaced on next service.

Road noise nothing can be done to solve this.

On the whole a very good car good build quality good quality plastics have been used. I would give this car a 9/10 would get full marks if the road nosie could be sorted.

My t3x is a great car brought it 3 months ago with 9k on the clock for £10250. Ok theres a bit of tyre noise but that seems to affect all avensis models. T4 is same has the t3x but has the sat nav and bigger alloys, if you want bigger alloys and sat nav then the t4 is your car. The T-spirit is the top of the shop model and has cruise control leather seats 17inch alloys etc. There dont seem to be many t4 and t spirit's out there the most common grades are t3-s and t3x. The t3x gives you more toys but the t3s gives you sat nav. Has for engines the 1.8 gives a good turn of speed and can return upto 47mpg. The 2.0 i've not drove so cannot comment. The diesel 2.0 offers a good surge of speed once the turbo is up and spining, but the mid range pull is fantastic. The 1.8's have an electric power steering which i feel gives better feed back than the hydrolic systems on the 2.0 vvt-i and 2.0 d4-d. I have heard some people say the electric power steering can feel twitchy. Has for ride and handling its firm but without being to harsh, takes bends well with body roll kept well under control and theres plenty of grip. For a large car its very easy to drive and fun. I've done 3000 miles in mine in 3 months and only noticed a few little niggles these are:

rattle from trim on dashboard this can be fixed i've been told, thats a job to be done on next service

rear wiper lifts of screen at m-ways speeds this has been sorted by new models using a metal rear wiper not plastic this to i'm having replaced on next service.

Road noise nothing can be done to solve this.

On the whole a very good car good build quality good quality plastics have been used. I would give this car a 9/10 would get full marks if the road nosie could be sorted.

Thanks - thats good news....seems all small stuff.

Been walking around forecourts for around two months - viewing a t spirit this week 2.0 petrol.

Keep em coming though - very interesting

do any come with cd changers - spirit?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links