Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Interior Lights And Central Lock

Paul Edmond

Hi everybody.

I bought a new automatic Avensis last year in August, and it's been the perfect car with the exception of the ABS system which was defective but was also promptly replaced under warranty.

One thing is nagging me though.

I also bought a Toyota alarm with my car. However, when getting out of the car, if the interior light is in the Door position (which I very much prefer), I have to wait until the light turns off to lock the car.

This means doing Vodoo dances for half a minute near the car in rain or snow...

The people at the garage said there's nothing to be done, as the alarm and the lock are connected to the interior light.

Does this sound reasonable to you? Is there any way you can think of to lock my car immediately after leaving it? Turning the interior light Off is out of the question - but can I at least shorten the dimming time or something?

Thanks for your help.

Paul.

BTW - great forum you have here :D

:eek: That sounds mad. I have a Toyota alarm as well but do not need to wait for courtesy light to go out. When I activate the central locking and alarm with keyfob the interior light goes out immediately.

Sounds to me like the courtesy light part was wired incorrectly by your dealer and they do not want the hassle if you are happy to keep dancing in the rain.

Mine is Totyota Alarm too. After 14 months of use it started to go off whenever I unlocked a car. I went to a dealer and they told me it was my fault because I had to wait for interior light to turn off before I lock the car. However, if I locked it strait on, interior light would switch off. I asked why did it work for 14 months well and now I need to wait for interior light to turn off. As they didn't know the answer they took the car in again and just fixed it. What's wrong with them? Why are they so lazy when you bring the car under warranty?

Mine is Totyota Alarm too. After 14 months of use it started to go off whenever I unlocked a car. I went to a dealer and they told me it was my fault because I had to wait for interior light to turn off before I lock the car. However, if I locked it strait on, interior light would switch off. I asked why did it work for 14 months well and now I need to wait for interior light to turn off. As they didn't know the answer they took the car in again and just fixed it. What's wrong with them? Why are they so lazy when you bring the car under warranty?

Why do feet smell when you don't wash 'em for a week? Same reason.... :yes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links