Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help! Problems Mr2

Tracey G

I bought My MR2 (SMT) on a 51 plate from Toyota in June '05 and for the past few weeks my car has started to flash a warning light (an exclamation mark with a circle around it) - no it isnt the handbrake!!! when this happens, my car wont always change gear. I had to get the RAC out to it and they said there was nothing wrong with it. Toyota asked me to bring it in for a look but I am currently too scared to drive it and they wont pick it up.

I never got a owners book when I bought it, so I have no idea what the symbols mean.

It has another 6 months on the warranty but I was just wondering if anyone knows anything about this.

I also noticed another guy said something about getting a new set of wheels from Toyota before the warranty runs out - my alloys are starting to bubble - does this mean I get a fresh set?

Any help would be greatly appreciated - thanks.

Hi tracy,

Don't know much about the Roadster, but have moved the topic to a more relative section where more "in the know" may read it and help.

Hope this doesn't cause too much confustion for you though :)

Welcome to TOC B)

Hi Tracey and welcome to the club :thumbsup:

Providing this is a Toyota extended warranty and not just a dealer second hand car warranty.

As far as the fault goes with the transmission, as the car is still under warranty Toyota is responsible for any faults that develop within that period.

When you call the service department and explain the fault and the concerns you have about driving it in that condition and they say you have to take it in for diagnosis, ask the member of staff for their name and position in the company, if it is only a receptionist ask to speak to the service manager or a technician, then on their confirmation that the vehicle will be in a safe condition to take to the workshop you can do so, otherwise get them to collect it under the terms of warranty.

As far as your alloy wheels go, they WILL be changed under warranty, even with slight scuff marks (I have had three sets on mine)

Good luck with the transmission fault, the wheels are no problem.

Les

Les,

My car will be three years old at the end of this month and so I'm getting a new set of wheels fitted before the original warranty runs out. However, I've been told by the service manager at Toyota @ Steeton that the wheels WILL NOT be covered under an extended Toyota warranty...

Looks like Toyota dealers are not all singing off the same hymn sheet!

Dave C

Les,

My car will be three years old at the end of this month and so I'm getting a new set of wheels fitted before the original warranty runs out. However, I've been told by the service manager at Toyota @ Steeton that the wheels WILL NOT be covered under an extended Toyota warranty...

Looks like Toyota dealers are not all singing off the same hymn sheet!

Dave C

I need to check myself what the Toyota parts warranty is because mine are bubbling again less than 6 months after they were fitted, which was a few weeks before my warranty ran out :ffs:

Tracey G... follow the advice Les has given you.. it's spot on. :thumbsup:

Les.. your new wheels should have a 1 year warranty.. surely? imo they should do.

Providing this is a Toyota extended warranty and not just a dealer second hand car warranty.

As far as the fault goes with the transmission, as the car is still under warranty Toyota is responsible for any faults that develop within that period.

When you call the service department and explain the fault and the concerns you have about driving it in that condition and they say you have to take it in for diagnosis, ask the member of staff for their name and position in the company, if it is only a receptionist ask to speak to the service manager or a technician, then on their confirmation that the vehicle will be in a safe condition to take to the workshop you can do so, otherwise get them to collect it under the terms of warranty.

As far as your alloy wheels go, they WILL be changed under warranty, even with slight scuff marks (I have had three sets on mine)

Les

Thanks so much for that - my car is with toyota as we speak for a transmission fault. It is under extended warranty as an approved used car. I have just rang about the wheels and they said they are not sure about that! I just hope that this transmission failure will be covered under the warranty... will keep you posted!

Les

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links