Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Opinions On The G6r...

Gnome

Just been looking round at some cars, and noticed the G6R.

Just wanted to know, is there anything to look out for on Corolla's?

One example only had 38K on the clock (Considering my 2 year old Yaris now has 25K on the clock).

I'm 22, currently with 0NCB (1 year come June).

Did a quote with my current insurers (Elephant), and come June, it would only be £710 FC - not bad considering my current insurance on a 1.0l Yaris is only ££30 cheaper!

Is it worth even looking at one?

I'm currently used to the cheap tyres and tax on the Yaris, and the fact that it's got a lot of boot space should I need to flip the seats down.

Feedback appreciated.

Just been looking round at some cars, and noticed the G6R.

Just wanted to know, is there anything to look out for on Corolla's?

One example only had 38K on the clock (Considering my 2 year old Yaris now has 25K on the clock).

I'm 22, currently with 0NCB (1 year come June).

Did a quote with my current insurers (Elephant), and come June, it would only be £710 FC - not bad considering my current insurance on a 1.0l Yaris is only ££30 cheaper!

Is it worth even looking at one?

I'm currently used to the cheap tyres and tax on the Yaris, and the fact that it's got a lot of boot space should I need to flip the seats down.

Feedback appreciated.

They are good cars...if a little pricey for what they are!

they are 15" rims standard so max for a good tire is £60-65, boot space is good & tax is about £145-150 a year.

Reasonable performance, and quite confortable...if your not looking to do massive amounts of mods to one I'd suggest you give them a good look over!

Joe

The ones I've seen so far, are just examples on eBay.

All hanging at around the £1700-£1900 so far.

Not gonna many mods, if any! Not really a modding person - I leave that to me bikes. ;)

Pricing doesn't sound too bad for tyres - I'm used to £21 a tyre though at present! :D

What are the other options to one of the G6R's?

Not fussed if it's a 1.3, 1.4, 1.6, etc.

Just as long as the insurance isn't too much of a killer, and tax and tyres aren't too bad, then it's fine with me!

I think the G6R is insurance group 10E or something so not too bad. The performance isn't mind blowing by any means (0-60 just under 10 seconds) but it's ok. You'd probably expect a bit more for a 1.6 but it's not a sporty engine. There's not much tuning wise you could do anyway. Economy wise I'd say average. Nice having 6 speed though and it's comfy and fairly well equiped. Usual problems with Toyota alloys corroding, mine had been resprayed when I bought it.

My folks have got a 1999 1.4 Corolla 5 door and I must say it's pretty nippy for what it is.

Joe

I may be wrong ( I'm sure somebody will let me know if I am ), but I thought that the G6r had a 1332cc engine :unsure: which at that age puts the tax at about £110 / year. :unsure:

That model rolla I think was one of the best looking, but that is just my opinion.

Thought there was a difference in "cc," as I spotted a G6 on EvilGhey earlier, and noticed one on there.

Spotted a 2000 reg 1.6 SR in silver too in Coventry for just under £3K (independant dealership). Do they not have front fog lights as standard for that year? Couldn't see any in the photos?

That came back at £650 FC for insurance.

I've seen a few G6's on Autotrader trying to be fobbed off as G6R's :ffs:

There were only 420 made for the UK so they're not on very often, only one or two at a time if you're lucky. Either Red or Black.

Joe

my SR has full electric pack inc sunroof, 6 sp gearbox and fogs standard.

Yours is the facelift model. I thought the older SR's were 5 speed?

Joe

That would explain that ad for above SR then.

5 speed, rear fog only by the looks of things.

That would explain that ad for above SR then.

5 speed, rear fog only by the looks of things.

Don't quote me on that. I thought only the G6R and G6 were 6-speed. I'm sure someone can clarify.

Joe

Yep the g6 and g6r where 6 speed from 2000/1 the SR also had a 6 speed and a 1.6 vvti engine "facelift model"

Will have to keep looking round this week and weekend, and see what's about.

I've got the basic model Yaris at present, so anything like E/W's, etc is a bonus. :D

I too was looking for a G6R about 8 months ago, but ended up getting a GXI, you might not want a car as old as the GXI, but mine has 111k on it and still runs like new, it has electric windows, mirrors, sunroof, but no Air Con (I think the G6R has it? :huh: )

You can pick them up for around £1k and they have the 1.8 7A-FE from the Gen 6 Celica ST, 118 bhp only 5 speed against the 6 of the G6R, but similar performance with 0-60 in 9.5 :thumbsup:

I'm glad i went for the GXI in the end, as its still a nice car to drive, plus it saved me a lot of money which means i can move onto bigger and quicker things sooner :D :thumbsup:

Just my opinion :)

Ihad one and some times i still mis it :unsure: :!Removed!: i had lowered it with TTE springs -35mm it droves like a Cart ;)

Buy one :thumbsup:

toyo19sm.jpg

here the Front with my TTE frontbumper and Booster WRC Mesh Grill and lowered with the TTE springs

afbeelding0012ue.jpg

Would be used to an older car anyways Jones, as the car before my Yaris, was a 93 Micra (Before it unceremoniously had a hedge run out in front of it).

Will have a look at the GXI option. Not fussed about the lack of A/C, but the rest of the electrics package would be nice (windows, central locking, etc).

Cheers peeps. ;)

Would be used to an older car anyways Jones, as the car before my Yaris, was a 93 Micra (Before it unceremoniously had a hedge run out in front of it).

Will have a look at the GXI option. Not fussed about the lack of A/C, but the rest of the electrics package would be nice (windows, central locking, etc).

Cheers peeps. ;)

I'm really pleased with mine :yes: i'd check insurance as well though as i think it maybe a little more expensive than a G6R to insure :huh:

Really? How come it'd be more?

:S

*Edit - D'oh! It's a 1.8, of course!

lol, plus no airbags :unsure:

Come renewal time, it'll be about the same as a 1.6 SR!

If I get at least £4K for the Yaris, then I could buy one, insure and tax it, quite easily if I cna pick one up for a good price - just have to find a good example.

Not even after something incredibly fast, as I've only been driving just under 2 years, and something that engine size would suit me for quite a time I reckon.

Really? How come it'd be more?

:S

*Edit - D'oh! It's a 1.8, of course!

lol, plus no airbags :unsure:

Hey - I survived the skirmish in the Micra, and that was nearly a roll over job! :blink:

Come renewal time, it'll be about the same as a 1.6 SR!

If I get at least £4K for the Yaris, then I could buy one, insure and tax it, quite easily if I cna pick one up for a good price - just have to find a good example.

Result! :)

I was the same, i had £4k to spend on a G6R, but managed to buy, tax and insure the GXI plus do the mods i've done all in for less than the cost of a G6R outright :D :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links