Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Another 'what Car' Thread...

Fidgits

Like I said, the M3 is the sensible, clinical, logical decision.....

The 3200GT is the slightly risque decision, that you will never regret, until it breaks down, wish I had never joined toc, then love it again when its working :lol:

German clinical calculated efficiancy or Italian romance with lots of arm waving when it lets you down... your call ;)

I drive one of the most unrelaible toyotas made in the last 20 years.... Occasionaly bits go wrong on it (I usaully catch them before they actaully do). for the same money I could get.... A Yaris???? It would never break down, have more space, be more efficiant and economical... but could you really see me driving one??? :lol::lol::lol:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fidgits

• Karma Supra

• knowlson

• Bibbs

i should have mentioned 'reasonable reliability' in my original post...

since thats the main point standing between me and a TVR tuscan.. :D

TVR's aren't proper cars though.

They are kit cars/playthings pretending to be proper production cars.

each to their own Charlie... ;)

i think the 80's was all red braces and yuppies... and something best forgotten... you however, havent left yet :P

:lol:

...for the same money I could get.... A Yaris???? It would never break down, have more space, be more efficiant and economical... but could you really see me driving one??? :lol::lol::lol:

Erm actually - yes! A Yaris would fit you perfectly :P :laughing:

*runs

Bugger off 80s car driving red braces wearing yuppy bint. :P

Just get the M3 mate!

i've just seen one of these close to my budget :!Removed!:

60483-2.jpg

could be very tempted... but i know ben would never let me live it down :lol::lol:

Proper M3s have a fixed roof.

M3 goes from coneseurs track/fun car, to tarts car when you add the rag top...

Plus, the only white people that drive 3 series drop tops are middle aged housewifes.

Lexus RS200??

CB :thumbsup:

no such thing... :huh:

you mean the Toyota Altezza RS200 :lol::thumbsup:

and its very expensive to insure for a 210bhp version of my car without the toys...

Will you ever make up your mind and buy a new motor Ian? :rolleyes: :P

i dont think i own enough fingers and toes to count how many times Ian has posted this thread and still had the same car 3 months later :rolleyes:

Will you ever make up your mind and buy a new motor Ian? :rolleyes: :P

i dont think i own enough fingers and toes to count how many times Ian has posted this thread and still had the same car 3 months later :rolleyes:

actually - i think i only did it once in gold and once in main... and that was a year or two ago.. i'm no-where near as bad as jim :lol:

(although i did also do a 'what house' thread :lol: but i actually bought one of those :P )

hey ho - the title was very clear about what it was, so if you didnt like it, it was your own fault for clicking the link :P :thumbsup:

Out of interest whats holding you back from a RS4. I would have one in a heart beat if i could afford it right now.

Practical, reliable, blisteringly quick etc. Servicing probably expensive but not as bad as BMW. Lovely motors.

well, ideally i'd love the new one, but cant afford 50k...

the older ones... weeeeeeeeeeeeeell... they're only in an estate...

amazingly cheap to insure though...

I think my issue is, jumping from something really reliable and comfortable to the sort of car I want, means i'm moving to something thats going to cost a lot more day to day, and is likely to need a lot more attention, and will be more fragile...

which means my im very precise, about what i want, and not willing to part with the cash unless im sure....

and both the RS4 and M3 come close, but dont quite hit the mark... which was the point in this thread, to see if i missed something, or a car i hadnt considered was actually what i was looking for...

Fair point but in reality how often is that going to be an issue (i mean about the RS4 being slightly heavy upfront compared to an M3). Are you really going to spend that much time pushing the handling boundaries or are you just looking at "on paper". Plus the RS4 is 4 wheel drive.

Don't get me wrong the M3's are fantastic driver cars but i feel it my duty to try and steer you away ;)

What about a porsche..... You could get a nice 968 Club Sport, or a Boxster.

If your not sure about the BMW image, have a look at Alpina.

I also have a fondness for the BMW M Coupe... a car you either love or hate!

HTH

MiKe

Well dude, Lexus have got a Coupe version of the IS coming out soon if my sources are correct and should be an M3 rival.

Also how about...

Audi S8 360bhp (4WD) - 0-60 in 6.4

Jaguar S-Type 4.2 Type R (Supercharged 4WD) 400bhp - 0-60 in 5.3

Holden HVC GTS (RWD - 4 Door Monaro) 330bhp 0-60 in 6.2

All under £20k, all have 5 seats and all within 5years old :thumbsup:

Also all V8's! :)

well, you know my dilemma better than most Lee...

nice list - S8 too big

The Jag, hmmmm, maybe... its a little old man-ish...

the holden, certainly worth a thought..

as for the porsche, i was tempted by the 911 996, the problem is the insurance, however, after the M3 quote, its not that bad... but luggage space is an issue...

oh, and on the new IS - well yes, i would love a IS350, especially a coupe... but with the standard IS250 at nearly 30k for a decent spec, i dont think i will be able to afford it...

nissan R35

never driven one so i cant say what its like, but i saw one at an importers

when we were looking for the s15 and in the metal it looks good :yes:

RS4 all the way, when chipped they destroy M3's and there a lot rarer

aye - but expect a 1200 quid service bill every 40k...

maybe im just too tight fisted to run the cars I want...

I dunno, ill just keep my eyes open, and when i see the right car ill just go for it like i did with the lex..

I dont think your tight fisted hun.... not for 20k anyway ;)

You're just specific - and hey, theres nowt wrong with that eh! You know I'm a big fan of Audi, but dont get the one with the big bum!! Its just not "you".... its more "me" actually.... :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links