Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lowered

viperroom_112

Eventually got round to fitting the springs , now here is a few pics to tease you !? :P

They still have to settle by about 10mm but when they are done they will be sexy ! !

DSC00909.jpg

DSC00908.jpg

Dam ! Now here is me thinking the fogs looked sexy on ! ! :P hehe

Cheers , I no , defo need to get the wax out again ! So annoying , its rainning now tho :censor:

David

Looks alot better, give it a week or so to settle and it'll look a little better :thumbsup:

Don't forget the tyreblack.

Hey Guys , just one more question , my car is parked on a hill , will this effect the way the springs settle ?? Also can anyone explain how stiffend shocks will help the ride in the car?

David

Looking much better. The hill wont make any differencejust drive around normally and it will settle. Uprated shocks are designed to take lowering springs the standard shocks aren't. Uprated ones will last a lot longer and increase handling.

Also can anyone explain how stiffend shocks will help the ride in the car?

David

As long as you dont mind the ride being harsher, get some uprated shocks :D The car will feel much nicer in the bends with less bodyroll :thumbsup:

you may notice about a 5mm differance with aftermarket shocks as i know the konis arent self returning like the standard shocks so the standard shocks will be pushing up against the weight of the car whereas the konis wont

David

stiff shocks will control your lower springs better when u hit a bump or a pot hole, and hence give u a smoother ride. if u just lower your car with springs + std shocks u may notice that the ride will be a bit bouncy or even crashy as your stock shocks are reacting fast enough.

David

stiff shocks will control your lower springs better when u hit a bump or a pot hole, and hence give u a smoother ride. if u just lower your car with springs + std shocks u may notice that the ride will be a bit bouncy or even crashy as your stock shocks are reacting fast enough.

That's quite true, and happens on the standard Yaris with the "normal" 14" tyres over high-speed bumps. The lower profile tyres should help.

David, I'll bring mine down to you an you can give it a quick wash and polish too :thumbsup:

A

Just took the yaris out for its first spin since it was lowered and it does feel very low .... Interestingly enough the steering wheel does feel a tad heavier .... Anyone no why??

:P Yes I will wash ur car !! For a nice round figure £££ LOL :P

polish and wash black cars in straight lines only. otherwise u get the swirl effect. wooo... i feel.... dizzy.

I'm thinking of lowering my yaris and just wondering whats the ride like after fitting your springs? is the ride bouncy or harsh?

cos a few weeks a ago I lowered my brothers vw golf and the ride was really bouncy :-(

To be perfectly honest with you , alot of the roads around here have been resurfaced and when i drive on them the car feels smoother ! :blink: I dunno why , possibly because my old springs were a bit corroded ??

Any way , you definately feel a difference when you hit bumps or pot holes . I dont find it bouncy , more like a tremendous thud that goes all the way through you LOL (just avoid the pot holes) :lol:

You really feel a difference sitting in the cabin , I dont feel like I am in an MPV anymore ! :P I would definately get it done ...The way the car used to sit irritated me sooo much , so it now feels so much better when looking at it !

Providing you do your best to miss the crap bits in the road , the positives outway the negatives.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links