Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Carina E 1600 Whistle Noise

Peter013

My Carina has a loud whistling noise (Simular to noise if you leave the lights switched on and remove ignition key) it has been going now for 6 hours, this is after I disconnected the vehicle Battery, This noise is so loud that it can be heard inside my home. It is not like the alarm going off. Before I disconnected the Battery I could lock and unlock the doors with the remote fob, and start-up and drive the car, the noise was still there whilst driving. I have compleatly disconnected the Battery both Positive and negative terminals. but the noise continues.

Anyone any ideas

Thanks Peter

My Carina has a loud whistling noise (Simular to noise if you leave the lights switched on and remove ignition key) it has been going now for 6 hours, this is after I disconnected the vehicle battery, This noise is so loud that it can be heard inside my home. It is not like the alarm going off. Before I disconnected the battery I could lock and unlock the doors with the remote fob, and start-up and drive the car, the noise was still there whilst driving. I have compleatly disconnected the battery both Positive and negative terminals. but the noise continues.

Anyone any ideas

Thanks Peter

Update for whistling noise.

The noise stopped after 6 1/2 hours, now I only need to fix it??? any Suggestions?

Thanks

Sounds like the Battery back up on the alarm siren working if it started AFTER you disconnected the Battery.

You should have a castellated key to isolate the siren ( rubber blanking plug on the siren).

Isolate the siren to see if it cures it.

Sounds like the battery back up on the alarm siren working if it started AFTER you disconnected the battery.

You should have a castellated key to isolate the siren ( rubber blanking plug on the siren).

Isolate the siren to see if it cures it.

Thanks Mick24

The noise started after I started up, I first thought it was a noise from my radio, I drove appx 3 miles, then turned off the car noise was still going, I locked the car with the key fob, came back to the car after 1/2 hour, noise still going, unlocked car and started up ok drove home still with the noise going. I then disconnected the main car Battery in an attempt to stop the noise, but this did not make any difference.

I have 2 main sets of keys, and 1 grey key which I belive is a master ignition key but no castellated key, can I turn off the siren without one?

Peter

You need the castellated key to turn it off - even if you cut the wires to the Siren it will still sound until the back up Battery goes flat.

Might be worth a look in the tool kit to see if the previous owner has left it in there.

You need the castellated key to turn it off - even if you cut the wires to the Siren it will still sound until the back up battery goes flat.

Might be worth a look in the tool kit to see if the previous owner has left it in there.

this happened to me the alarm system needs resetting do the following

 Disconnect Negative Battery terminal leaving positive connected.

(Make sure drivers window is down as car may lock)

 Put key in ignition and turn on, Leave on.

 Reconnect Battery terminal.

 Switch off ignition and remove key.

 Press black button and hold for ten seconds.

 Alarm should work.

Thanks Guy's

Sorted, :thumbsup: My Carina has the siren in the offside wing, it can be seen under the screenwash bottle, you can see wires going to the siren with a plug, undo the plug and the alarm does not work, the central locking still works ok, and the immobiliser is ok. No need to reconfiger Key fob.

Thanks again

Peter

• 3 years later...
Thanks Guy's

Sorted, :thumbsup: My Carina has the siren in the offside wing, it can be seen under the screenwash bottle, you can see wires going to the siren with a plug, undo the plug and the alarm does not work, the central locking still works ok, and the immobiliser is ok. No need to reconfiger Key fob.

Thanks again

Peter

Thank you guys,this has sorted my whining alarm.It first went off when my Battery dropped below 50% starting amps and was loud enough to blow my head off whilst disconnecting the Battery for replacement.Since then it has been whingeing away at low volume on cold days.Disconnecting the wires under the header tank worked nicely. Car is a 1997 1.8GS estate.

Once again,thanks, and sorry for dragging up an old thread but it works.So does the central locking sync trick.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links