Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sunglasses Holder

steffer

Hi!

I've got a 1.8 lean burn W-reg Avensis SE (pre-facelift model) and am extremely pleased with it! The mpg and torque are amazing! (previous car Fiat Bravo 1.6sx NEVER BUY A FIAT!!! It cost me thousands in maintainance in 4 years)

Only problem I've had with the Avensis is the sunglasses holder which keeps on falling off. I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem, a guy at work also has the same issue.

The small black studs which it sits in, seem to have gone inside as well, so are not holding it up at all.

I tried Gaffa tape, but it didn't sit correctly, so currently its like a "hole to hole", which it cannot clip into.

Has anyone had the same problem, and come up with an innovative solution I'm sure there must be more than one way to fix it?

Cheers!

• 1 month later...

Would that be the storage cubby above the rear view mirror ?

All models without moonroofs have the sunglasses holder & 2 separate reading lights.

Ah.. mine has a sunroof. I assumed most of the early cars had one.

Heres the pics , first the bit where it goes (you can see the holes), and then the bit that fell off that holds the sunglasses!

http://i1.tinypic.com/wwi6wi.jpg

http://i3.tinypic.com/wwjlmt.jpg

http://i1.tinypic.com/wwjm08.jpg

Cheers, you help is massively appreciated! Avensis owners are the good guys! :-))

Stef

I would suggest a self-tapping screw will solve your problem. The hole in the holder will need to be drilled through and the screw inserted from the inside. A screwdriver with a flexi shaft may be needed to get it into the hinge - and the holder will need to offered up to the surround as you screw it home.

The threads will be solid through the holder and 'swivel' through the hole in the surround.

Good luck

From the last pic.. the area where the black pins go on the case looks quite worn, and hence must 'slip' out.

How is it held at the top? (magnet, clip?)

Maybe you can buy a small light hinge and fix it to the middle of the case? Strong glue in the right position should do the trick.. ;)

buy a small trim pin (small plastic thing, looks like a self tapper, but wit no thred) i'fe done this with mine and it's ok now, if it still comes off, put a small dap of glue after you pushed it in, but be sure not to get any on the light bit, or you won't be able to open it anymore.

as for how it stays it, it kinda clicks into place.

buy a small trim pin (small plastic thing, looks like a self tapper, but wit no thred) i'fe done this with mine and it's ok now, if it still comes off, put a small dap of glue after you pushed it in, but be sure not to get any on the light bit, or you won't be able to open it anymore.

as for how it stays it, it kinda clicks into place.

Hi!

I like the idea of the screw and trim pins- where do you get "trim pins?" B&Q?

Thanks

Stef

i think so matey, mine was already broken and repaired when i bought the car, mine "locates" on the passenger side, and then i have this little black plastic "trim pin" or clip located on the drivers side and it basically goes throught the hole in the holder that flaps down and the light unit....... hope this helps.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links