Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ta And Tp Radio Settings

Lashie

My manual was translated from Japanese, so its english pretty cryptic..

I'm driving in London with loads of RDS stations but I can't figure out how to use the TA/TP setting..

How do I select what station to default back to for traffic news when I'm playing a CD..?

What is TP (traffic programme) ? I get TP up on the display on the radio and the whole system just goes quiet..

Why would you leave the radio on TP when there is TA?

How do you set the volume?

Call me thick, but no one in the office here knows how to use those things either so I take a little comfort from that !

thanks for you help!

Dave

My manual was translated from Japanese, so its english pretty cryptic..

I'm driving in London with loads of RDS stations but I can't figure out how to use the TA/TP setting..

How do I select what station to default back to for traffic news when I'm playing a CD..?

What is TP (traffic programme) ? I get TP up on the display on the radio and the whole system just goes quiet..

Why would you leave the radio on TP when there is TA?

How do you set the volume?

Call me thick, but no one in the office here knows how to use those things either so I take a little comfort from that !

thanks for you help!

Dave

Ok so here goes.

TP is Traffic Programme. It is set if the radio station is likely to give traffic bulletins. You can search and store only those stations with the TP flag set if you want.

TA is Traffic announcement and is set when the tuned station is braodcast a bulletin. It then swiths the audo from mute or cassette or CD to receive it.

EON is extended other networks and is only I think available on BBC stations, so if you are going along listening to Radio 4 say and BBC SCR puts out a bulletin then the radio retunes to SCR for the duration of the bulletin, or longer if they do not switch the flag off!

As for volue, it seems to take the last volume used when the TA/EON flag was last used.

As for it going silent, keep pressing the TP button until you get a full set of TA, TP, EON, REG icons up!

Do not confuse all this with RDS-TMC which drives the data for the ETA on the TNS 200 and TNS300 Nave systems.

Hope this helps.

thats great, cheers.

when TA is turned on, which station does the system jump too...is it any or can I choose, say BBC London as my only TA station?

Seems also that there arn't any TP stations in London...

thanks again!

Might be wrong but . . . . I think it just jumps to the nearest station broadcasting traffic for the area you are in. If you had a default station (say London based) the system wouldn't work if you drove to Leeds ?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links