Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Diy Servicing

Handson29

I'm going to service my car and its due it's 27k service. So going to replace the following items

Spark Plugs

Oil Filter

Engine Oil

Gearbox oil

Air filter

engine coolant

fuel filter

Shall i just buy all these items from toyota? or can anyone recommend where to source them and any particular brand to get.

What weight engine oil should i use as the handbook seems ambigious on what to use.

I notice toyota have down to change the differential oil, is that easy to do???

thanks

Iain

Giving my on celica en 6 a service on thursday just doing the oil filter as she has a k&n and long life plugs so just oil and filter have i got the correct filter?? part number 90915-ta001 .I went to check outside my toyota dealers but could not see the filter from above it was rainning so left it off ill get the trolley jack out which side is the filter on? (asking if its the wright filter as have got wrong filters from toyota dealers in past for a 20v corrolla i had you have to keep your eye on them ;) )

Shall i just buy all these items from toyota?

I presume the oil filter is like the ones on the gen 6 and you have to get it from Toyota as it has a special one way valve in it. It's only £8 as well and comes with a sump plug seal so you can't really go wrong there - not sure about the other items though

toyota gave me 90915-ta002 for my gt4 , dealers told me the pt. numbers had been updated.

the only part you really need to buy from toyota is the oil filter, everything else you should be able to get from you local motor factors, 'blue print' is the company that makes all the spares for toyota that are the same standard

differential oil ??? on a gt i think not.

maybe gearbox oil yes.

get the filter and coolant from mr.t the rest from anywhere.

you could get the gearbox oil from mr.t , i think its 75w/90 , its about 6 quid a litre or so .

cool. What sort of plugs are good to use? I do a fair amount of miles (25k/year), not interested in paying extra for anything special, just want something reasonable to look after the car.

thanks for the tips

it may have platinum plugs fitted , if they definately need changing i'd opt for toyotas own , they last alot longer than copies ,retail at around 40 quid a set .

if the car is running ok , i'd leave them be as they are good for 40k ish

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links