Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Buying A Mkii

NZMR2

Ok, I'm about to buy myself a MKII MR2 and need some advice, what are key things to look for which could lead to trouble in the future?

Cheers,

NZMR2

There pretty solid cars as long as they've been looked after, if it's a T-Bar check the seals, bucket of water or hose should do the job (sounds silly but better to find out before you buy).

Apart from that your general run of the mill checks (AA Inspection wouldn't go a miss) when taking it for a test drive keep an eye on the temp and check she hits full boost (if Turbo) and remember to ty not to giggle with enjoyment to much as your driving her with the seller in the car so he doesn't realise how much you are enjoying yourself (helps with the bartering)...

try not to giggle with enjoyment to much as your driving her with the seller in the car so he doesn't realise how much you are enjoying yourself (helps with the bartering)...

Spot on - try and sound as though the car is satisfactory, but nothing special. (if you do actually like it) Say you've got more to see or you've seen a better one for less and you're willing to take it now in its present condition if they knock x number of £'s off the asking price :)

Dont be put off by a dribble from the T-Bar tho... a non leaking T-Bar is very rare... look at the coolant and make sure its red, look for any tears in the seats or scabby insides.. make sure aircon (if it has it) foggys and all the other toys work...

Tell him/her that you really wanted one with the original leather toolbag, T-Bar bags and sun shields. Say you wanted service history, look at the tyres, anything to blag a few bucks.

I managed to get £400 off my MR2 coz I told him that the clutch was on the way out and there was a knocking sound towards the rear (altho it had 12months MOT).

As they say above.. dont get too excited.. it is an amazing car but look for faults in the paint, dirty engine and any odd sound you can find.

Remember, this person wants rid of his/her car... he/she knows you have the money.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links