Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis Estate Auto 1.8 0r 2.0

GeoffThom

I’m hoping to purchase a New Avensis Estate 1.8 Auto. However, a friend of mine has suggested that as I’m thinking of getting the Auto I should go for the bigger 2.0 engine. At most the car will have four people and their holiday luggage. What do other owners think?

my parents own the mk1 avensis hatchback and test drove both the 1.8 auto and the 2.0 auto. they went for the 2.0 as they felt it pulled better and was more capable. it shifts nicely with a full car and boot, something the 1.8 may have a little trouble with, especially if its an estate

test drive both and see how u feel!

2.0 for me. I drove it on the test drive, it did what I wanted so went for it-no looking back now. The auto gearbox will sap some power.

... and it's less likely to lose speed uphill to the extent that your cruise control switches off. And let's not forget the hydraulic PAS that the 1.8 doesn't have.

Thanks for the comments guys. I glad I put the question up for discussion as my mind was virtually made up to get the 1.8 but after reading your comments I think I would have been making a big mistake. I will be getting the 2.0L. Thanks again.

Geoff

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links