Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T3s, T3x Or T4?

Aki

I am on the verge of buying a second hand Avensis estate (about 03 plate) - any tips (1.8vvti). I favour the T3X as I can add a tomtom sat nav but i can't add climate control and rear electric windows etc to a T3S - I suppose the T4 is an alternative.

The main point you may be able to advise on is the sat nav. My old 1.8 GS had sat nav which was great but rarely used, and when it was i was in Europe. Do many T3X's have the European DVD fitted as an extra? Is it practical to look for one? I can't find one! (I can't buy each country for £130 on the CD system either - crazy!!)

Would an 03 or maybe 04 T4 have Euro' DVD sat nav?

Cheers, Aki

Given the method of updating the inbuilt SatNav being DVD (and an expensive DVD from what I gather) I would go for the Tom Tom... Plus, the inbuilt SatNav ain't ever going to speak to you in the voice of Mr T! ;)

How long are car companies going to be able to justify the £1000+ for SatNav systems?

Avensis SAT/Nav leaves a lot to be desired. If I had followed its instructions this morning I would have done lots of extra miles. Use it but check your map route first.

I have Avensis T4 53 plate. Only major problem I have had is light condensation.

Given the method of updating the inbuilt SatNav being DVD (and an expensive DVD from what I gather) I would go for the Tom Tom... Plus, the inbuilt SatNav ain't ever going to speak to you in the voice of Mr T! ;)

How long are car companies going to be able to justify the £1000+ for SatNav systems?

Thanks to all so far - they are nice being built in and neat, but as stated VERY expensive in comparison and even more so to update.....

Thanks to all so far - they are nice being built in and neat, but as stated VERY expensive in comparison and even more so to update.....

Got a T3-x.

You get much better toys than the T3-s.

The zonal aircon, electrics all round make it better for the rest of the family

The T-4 and T3-x are about the same (bigger wheels and simple satnav on the T-4)

I'd go with the T3-x or stretch for a T-Spirit...

When I was looking a few weeks back I had shortlisted T3-x and T4 tourers. The T-Spirit, I believe, only comes with a 2 litre petrol, and I was looking for the 1.8 petrol.

As mentioned the differences between the T3-X and T4 are slight - the bigger alloys and sat nav being it. I figured it was worth paying an additional £500 for the alloys and Sat Nav.

I eventually got a T4 with the optional Full Colour Sat Nav, which isn't even supposed to ba an option on the T4, but its an ex-Burnaston managers car so I guess they can have what options they like!

When I was looking a few weeks back I had shortlisted T3-x and T4 tourers. The T-Spirit, I believe, only comes with a 2 litre petrol, and I was looking for the 1.8 petrol.

As mentioned the differences between the T3-X and T4 are slight - the bigger alloys and sat nav being it. I figured it was worth paying an additional £500 for the alloys and Sat Nav.

I eventually got a T4 with the optional Full Colour Sat Nav, which isn't even supposed to ba an option on the T4, but its an ex-Burnaston managers car so I guess they can have what options they like!

Thanks to all again - Rooo, how do you find the full colour sat nav, I have possibly found a bargain T4 (owned privately by HM forces personnel abroad and I’m told originally purchased at discount, now brought back to UK and sold, so hence cheap price I assume) – it has the full colour sat nav but wonder if it is worth having. The old B&W sat nav on my 2001 GS Mk1 wasn’t faultless but pretty good for standard kit so I would imagine this full screen job could only be better!

Thanks to all again - Rooo, how do you find the full colour sat nav, I have possibly found a bargain T4 (owned privately by HM forces personnel abroad and I’m told originally purchased at discount, now brought back to UK and sold, so hence cheap price I assume) – it has the full colour sat nav but wonder if it is worth having. The old B&W sat nav on my 2001 GS Mk1 wasn’t faultless but pretty good for standard kit so I would imagine this full screen job could only be better!

To be honest I have only used it 3 times, and these were to places I already know how to get to! But I was quite impressed that it took me along the route I would have gone anyway. The DVD is quite old (2003-2004) and one time it didn't know of the existence of a road, so I could do with an updated disc. I can't compare it to any others as Sat-nav has never really interested me before, but overall I am quite impressed with the system, and can't see too much wrong with it.

I had a T3X 53 plate avensis saloon, I realized that the saloon was no good as the boot space wasnt big enough. So I went back to MR T and changed it for a T4 hatchback. To be honest the sat nav on this one is pants, I wanted to go to gerrards cross from reading and it wanted me to go down the m4 to the m25 up on the m40....Tom Tom is much better. Only reason I ended up with it was it was in my price range and MR T did not have a T3x available, so I paid an extra 500 for satnav and bigger alloys...

Other than that I cant comlain, I had slight condensation in the lights but that cleared by itself and I had to get the breaks looked at and anti squeek shimms fitted at about 12K, which seems to be the norm on the new avensis (no matter what the reg is as I had that done on the T3 I had n all.)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links