Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Modify Glanza V Turbo (98 Model)

nabil

Hello,

I have a glanza v turbo of 98 model. I would like to modify it and make it as fast as possible. Please guide me what are the things required to make it possible. I would also like to improve its handling and want suggestions about that too. Would also prefer to improve its looks.

This will all depend on how much you are willing to spend really.....

A good starting point is filter, exhaust, de-cat and dump valve.

But this in turn can see you hitting the factory boost cut as the turbo can spool up easier. If this happens you will need a FCD (Fuel cut defenser) this removes the factory fuel cut (0.95 bar) but after that your engine will run lean, to solve that problem you will need to get a FPR (Fuel pressure regulator) this works on boost pressure and will raise the pressure to pump more fuel in as the boost rises.

Next you could go for a slight raise in boost with either a bleed valve or electronic boost controller (but i would not run above 1 bar as the CT9 turbo becomes very inefficient after that)

You should see about 150 at the flywheel by this time.

If you want to take it further you could add a FMIC (front mount inter-cooler) with the CT9 still there but while going front mount i would change the turbo to something better (blitz kits KKK26, KK24, or T3 GT28). When changing the turbo you will also need to address fuel again as the stock injectors probably will not cope (mazda GTX ones are commonly used) an upgraded fuel pump is also a good idea,

Further from that re-build with low com pistons, better rods maybe even a 1500 cc 5EFE block.

Hope this helps this is only my view and not Gospel but should give you some idea where to go.

Good site for info is toyotaownersclub.com

there is also a very good yahoo group gt starlet

Simon :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links