Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fitted A K&n 57 Induction Kit..................

Neil Clark

I have fitted a k&n 57 kit today and removed all the airbox stuff. Bl**dy hell!!, makes a difference with the pickup and makes a BRILL noise lol. Above 3k it sings!!

Well happy

Neil

BTW, have ordered one of them manual cds from eBay, if anyone want one let me know

Did you bother fiting the Tube they supplied cos I never bothered when i had mine. I thought the std cold air feed was sufficent (and less hassle) :D

Removed the lot and used the pipe, looks alot better and can get the pipe right to the bottom of the vent!!

Up to you pal really, bet it makes no difference to the air-filter!

It sound brill dont it!!!!!

Neil :thumbsup:

do me a copy of the cd old chap and i'll send ya sum music cd's or !Removed! dvd's in exchange! :D

let us know when you've got it and if its anygood. :thumbsup:

Anyone want a copy of cd just send me a couple of quid to cover costs

Will be gettin early next week

Mail me neil@central-training.com

Neil

PS, anyone without a K&N, GET ONE!!!!!!

I have just ordered a K&N Filter was it easy to fit? I have instruction etc. should I get a mechanic to do it

I plan on getting a k&n filter. I bought a cd of eBay too, it has over 1000+ pages of stuff for my mr2. Good deal, condidering a toyota book would cost me over 100 dollars.

No offence intended here, but unless your tuning hard ie accompanying air filter with new exhaust, de-cat ECU rolling roaded to get the air/fuel right etc...

Then isnt the only real difference a louder induction roar (making you assume its more powerfull) and possibly the filter messing up your air/fuel ratio slightly?

To be honest I always look on airfilter changes as a bit of a placebo :unsure:

Feel free to correct me if im wrong however! :)

Fitted the K&N and removed cat myself, then had mixture checked to make sure its ok which it was.

It IS a bit quicker now AND it roars more :thumbsup:

Neil

i recently fitted a pipercross to my vauxhall cavalier v6 (with no other mod) and it made a big difference. the roar at 4000rpm was vastly improved, as was throttle response. however matt5cott is right to assume the mixture problem, as i didnt tune the car for the new improved airflow some flatspots (that werent there before) appeared.

overall however i feel the noise/throttle response improvements were worth the occasional flatspot. - 'and u could always tune it'. :thumbsup:

might get an air filter for my tubby as well,...how much is an apexi?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links