Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear Parcel Shelf

Nightstalker

Hi all :D

I recently had to put my T4 Avensis in to the dealership to get the anti squeal break shimpads added, as I made a bit of a fuss because they had messed me about a bit I ended up getting the service managers Tspirit whilst mine was being dealt with. The Tspirit was nice (shame they did not add heated seats to this one - kinda spoils it that it has leather seats, I'd hate to have to get in that car first thing on a winters morning...) anyway, nice car n all. I noticed that the parcel shelf had a rear blind attached to it, I checked the fittings and found that my T4 has the same fittings as the spirit but does not have the blind. Now I asked my local dealership how much a parcel shelf would cost and was quoted...ready for this...£307 incl tax. :eek:

Does anyone know where one could get a cheaper one...or know of any breakers that might have some of these??

Cheers :thumbsup:

Rob

I went to TMC and bought a blind for 12 quid, fitted it on top on parcel shelf, took about 15 mins. From behind you can't tell the difference!

I went to TMC and bought a blind for 12 quid, fitted it on top on parcel shelf, took about 15 mins. From behind you can't tell the difference!

Whats TMC?

I have a nipper and would be very interested ???

Yeah, whats TMC?

How did you fit the blind to the the parcle shelf, also, there is a bit in the window frame where you clip the blind into, does your blind fit this, if not how do you keep it from retracting? :unsure:

My apologies, I did indeed mean The Motorist Centre, and those ARE the blinds, you screw 2 little hooks into the hatch, directly above where the blind fits onto the parcel shelf. The one I got was 110cm long, I think. nice to see the prices coming down!!

How do you stopt the blind from retracting?

:huh:

Ok here we go, here is pic of blind extended, screwed in place on parcel shelf.

photo00309bl.jpg

And here is a close up of the clip that screws into the hatch lining to hold up the blind when its extended, (there are 2, one each side)

photo00314jb.jpg

Hope this helps.

When the hatch is closed, the blind covers 90% of the view from the rear view mirror, not perfect, but better then spending over 300 quid for sure!!!

Thanks Mkuk0 for the advice and pictures.

I've measured the width of the parcel shelf and it's 102cm at its widest, so I guess the width required for a new model Avensis is 90cm assuming this is the width of the actual screen and allowing a few cm. either side for the roller housing to fit into 102cm.

Off to get one to keep the kids cool in this sunshine.

Actually, that's a good point. is the size based on the actual blind width, or the carrier width? Cheers!

I thought the Toyota factory fitted blind on Spirits was an electrically operated one?

- I have an electrically operated one in my Mercedes, push a button and it goes up, and press it again and it goes down, that's a £300 option too (but no parcel tray)

I've ordered a T4, so no rear blind, however noticed there is some minor rattle associated with the rear hatch ...could be a loose spare alloy wheel or tools or something though. Only notice it on bumpy roads though... hoping the warranty will sort it out.

• 2 weeks later...

Well after all that I did go and spend 300 odd quid but instead of getting the parcel shelf with rear blind I got all windows tinted....

Midnight tint on the rear windows and light smoke on the front 2 windows...LOOKS Lovely with with Silver Fern..... :D :thumbsup: :D

• 2 weeks later...

Show us the Pics!!

we demand pics!!!

I am tempted to tint mine up, show me its worth it!

lol

I'll try.

Only had them tinted so that the littlen doesnt suffer to much in the back with sunlight n so on... not for looks!

But does look sweet tho... :drool:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links