Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T Sport 30k Service And Mot.

bert.tsport

hi,

just had my cts serviced and MOTd at Listers Toyota Nuneaton. Passed straight thro with no problems :D

with my Gold discount it cost £199 all in. :D 12.5% discount :D (3yr/30k service)

Its 3yrs old in a couple of weeks and done 25K miles.

i have one question though, when i booked it in i was told that the coolant was due a change as the car is 3 yrs old but today was told that it did not need changing as its good for 40K miles? looking at the service checklist it states 3yrs/40K miles (whichever is sooner) . Have they made an error? they say they have checked the coolant with there "thingy" and it freezes at the correct temp -37c.

just worried as if there is a problem with coolant system in the future ,will my extended warranty be void as its not been changed?

:thumbsup: bert

I had my 30K service done at Jemca Kingston 2 weeks ago and I paid £122. They also recommended that I had my coolant changed as it is due at 3yrs - but i decided against it as my car isn't 3 yrs old until August.

What was also quite amusing was that they suggested I get my front pads replaced as they were 70% worn!!! Again I decided against it as if the pads have lasted 25K and are only 70% worn, I should be able to get another 5 - 8 K out of them. Anything they can do to get more money out of you!!!!!!!!

I had my 30K service done at Jemca Kingston 2 weeks ago and I paid £122. They also recommended that I had my coolant changed as it is due at 3yrs - but i decided against it as my car isn't 3 yrs old until August.

What was also quite amusing was that they suggested I get my front pads replaced as they were 70% worn!!! Again I decided against it as if the pads have lasted 25K and are only 70% worn, I should be able to get another 5 - 8 K out of them. Anything they can do to get more money out of you!!!!!!!!

£ 122 :eek: that was cheap... my oil and filter alone cost £62 !!!

no mention of brakes needing changing.. 25k miles on the original pads aint bad, still loads on them too. :D

Hi Bert

When I had my car serviced for 30,000 miles it cost £95 (John Roe Grimsby), but it was only 2 years old.

pb

:wacko:

Hi Bert

When I had my car serviced for 30,000 miles it cost £95 (John Roe Grimsby), but it was only 2 years old.

pb

it seems alot i paid?

heres my bill:

carry out 30k service: £79

carry out MOT test £35

gasket , drain plug £0.76

screenwash £1.78

oil filter £9.14

semi synthetic

helixplus oil £42.00

environmental

disposal £2.00

consumables/sundries £5.00

TOTAL: £174.68

PLUS VAT £24.44

GRAND TOTAL £199.12

Hi Bert

I have not got the invoice now as I've sold the car. So I can't see what bits for yours cost more (it's probably the labour rate may be :blink: ).

I think it can vary a lot, as when a asked be e-mail I was quoted £110 from the same dealer :blink: .

I had the brake fluid done at 20,000 miles for £30 extra (it was may be not due to 30,000 miles, but I think it's a bit too long).

I was quoted £151 for my 20,000 service (including brake fluid), but when I turned up they handed me a invoice for £181 :ffs: ! They changed it straight away to £146 :). It was my local dealer both times.

Paul

I reckon I've been done!

Paid £183 for a 20K service in November last year.

Breakdown:

20K Service - 74.25

Mobil 1 Top Up 1L - 11.69

Mobil 1 Oil 4.4L - 51.44

Env. Charge - 4.00

Screenwash - 0.89

Oil Filter - 7.00

Drin Plug - 0.76

£183 Total

I've got a 30K Service due soon, will be watching this thread as I dont wanna be ripped off!

• 1 month later...

just book in Jemca (Bromley) £101.66p the cheapest i have find in the whole of london :D

St3ve you had not been ripped off for 20k service, it is around £180 thats what i pay for my 20k service then again we might both been ripped off by toyota :D , anyway on your 30k service it should be around £100.

bert i think you have been ripped off big time it shouldn't cost that much ,deduct the £35 mot cost they still overcharge you atlest £50 for a 3 year /30k service .

Thanks for this...Went down on the weekend...£134 Inc Vat which I can live with...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links