Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Reverse Parking Sensors

XT2

A friend of mine,who drives a rival vehicle... yes, that's right, a Freelander, is wanting to install some Reverse Parking Sensors.

Can anyone recommend any good/practical/sensible/efficient/uptodate models?

Can anyone also recommend a website from where DIY installation of the same is availablefor free?

Lotsa thanks in advance.

It's really scary thinking someone's driving a Land Rover without knowing how far the back is from the front! :eek:

It's really scary thinking someone's driving a Land Rover without knowing how far the back is from the front! :eek:

It's so they can reverse it onto the ramp in the garage when it keeps going wrong..... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

It's so they can reverse it onto the ramp in the garage when it keeps going wrong..... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

LOL :lol::lol::lol::lol:

LOL :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm gonna tell him that...

:lol:

Try the JML ones.

Only £30 and available from Homebase.

They can be run from Battery or cigar lighter. Only takes 30 mins to fit yourself.

Sooty

Try the JML ones.

Only £30 and available from Homebase.

They can be run from battery or cigar lighter. Only takes 30 mins to fit yourself.

Sooty

JML?

Where from? Woolworths?

Noooo! Don't ruin your lovely car with bumper warts!

The Toyota pack comes with 4 sensors and a super-size pack of Car Clearasil

:)

Thanks... but they aint for me....

they're for a mate with a Freelander... he wants them.

Thanks... but they aint for me....

they're for a mate with a Freelander... he wants them.

Tell him to fit a tow bar, clean up the car then trade it in for a RAV4 :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Its okay they will look fine on a Freelander :lol::lol: :P .

I've notice that there are 2 holes in the bumper (rear door frame) when you open the Rav's rear door. These 2 holes have rubber stoppers plugged into them.

Are they meant to be preprepared for the parking sensors?

(ps I rushed around to the front but no holes there... I guess they're just for the rear end)

I've notice that there are 2 holes in the bumper (rear door frame) when you open the Rav's rear door. These 2 holes have rubber stoppers plugged into them.

Are they meant to be preprepared for the parking sensors?

(ps I rushed around to the front but no holes there... I guess they're just for the rear end)

That rear section is part of the chassic of the vehicle, if you mounted parking sensors in the holes they would be covered over once the door was shut, that would cause the parking sensors to go crazy like you've just parked up against a wall :D :thumbsup: .

I've got a parking sensor on mine.......................it's called a spare wheel. :thumbsup:

I've got a parking sensor on mine.......................it's called a spare wheel. :thumbsup:

That's the most decent and reasonable thing I've heard yet. The spare wheel cover on the Rav is one cool reverse parking sensor... mind you, it aint much help lower down, for against bollards and normal cars, etc.

That's the most decent and reasonable thing I've heard yet. The spare wheel cover on the Rav is one cool reverse parking sensor... mind you, it aint much help lower down, for against bollards and normal cars, etc.

Pah. No good for me with my T180 :(

I've found that the best ways to judge clearances when parking are:

a) Learn how big your car is!

B) If you find parking tricky or scary, then why not go and practice. Ideally, somewhere a long way from my car...

c) If in doubt, get out and look. Don't just keep going until you've scraped my wing :censor:

Seriously, though, if I see another 4x4 in town with steel bullbars on the front, I might have to go postal with a Stihl saw! Sheesh.

"I can't drive, or park, so what I'm going to do is put huge unforgiving bars on the front of my car to ensure that when I scrape someone's car, I don't damage my lovely paintwork. Also, I don't have to worry about children because they just bounce straight over the top. Not that my own ever walk anywhere..."

/rant

• 3 weeks later...

It seems to me that technology is taking the skill out of driving! It's gizmos for the sake of it. A friend of mine had a Renault Loony Laguna. When I asked if I could borrow his footpump, he gave me his credit card sized 'key' and told me to press the button twice to open the boot. Can you believe this? You'd need a computer to ask the car why the boot doesn't open. In days gone by, you'd squirt a bit of WD40 into the lock and get on with it!

It seems that all the real beneficiary technology has been done (emissions and performance) and now all they can do is make gadgets to sell the car that have no real benefit.

Did you know that it is highly likely that your sunroof (if you have one fitted) is computer controlled?!?

Blimey...

On my RAV the following appear to be computer-controlled:

ABS

Traction

Valve Timings

Fuel injection

Trip/MPG

Cruise

CD player

....and I've just bought a TomTom, which is of course - a computer!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links