Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

K&n Typhoon Kit Finally Fitted ( With Pics )

g3m xr

well this what i been doing today !#

all was going well , had no major probs getting the old air box out , bit of blood shed lol then i came to one screw , one tiny winy screw for 2 hours it wouldnt budge ! so walked down my local garage who got it out in like 2 mins :ffs: oh well least i could continue ! so after a bit a tweaking and monovering it finally fitted properly ! mass air censor didnt like lining up tho ! but got there in the end ! so his the pics ! and yes i did it all my self and yes im dam proud of myself !

so from the start !

1047.jpg

air box out

1053.jpg

Battery and cold air feed out !

1048.jpg

That screw :angry

1051.jpg

tube fitted

1057.jpg

Finished pics !

1055.jpg

1052.jpg

can some one tell me what they did abput cold air feed when they put there's in ?

can some one tell me what they did abput cold air feed when they put there's in ?

my k&n 57i came with a cold air feed pipe. it runs from under the engine pan, up behind the engine block and then directed towards the filter. it is attached both ends using the cable ties supplied. :thumbsup:

but thats not a 57i kit tho , its a typhoon kit and u have to remove the cold air feed to fit it !

sounds loverly tho ! really sounds a lot more beefy from the front instead of exhaust noise

gutted i couldnt run at pod today , was a wash out , didnt stop raining !

well this what i been doing today !#

all was going well , had no major probs getting the old air box out , bit of blood shed lol then i came to one screw , one tiny winy screw for 2 hours it wouldnt budge ! so walked down my local garage who got it out in like 2 mins :ffs: oh well least i could continue ! so after a bit a tweaking and monovering it finally fitted properly ! mass air censor didnt like lining up tho ! but got there in the end ! so his the pics ! and yes i did it all my self and yes im dam proud of myself !

so from the start !

1047.jpg

air box out

1053.jpg

battery and cold air feed out !

1048.jpg

That screw :angry

1051.jpg

tube fitted

1057.jpg

Finished pics !

1055.jpg

1052.jpg

typhoon kit looks well smart can you tell any difference in power and pick up ,what about sound .got a corolla compressor thinking of putting a typhoon on .

but thats not a 57i kit tho , its a typhoon kit and u have to remove the cold air feed to fit it !

the only difference is the red pipe bit, position of filter is the same. mine has the standard air feed and another one fitted. its made of that black flexi pipe stuff. im also gonna make a heat sheild soon... :thumbsup:

I removed the factory one as you did and looked into getting a PiperX cold air feed pipe to feed through from the front bumper grill... but I couldn't find a gap to do it!

Fair play getting the kit in yourself! :thumbsup: One thing... you may keep getting the TRC/VSC lights coming on since you've installed it - there was an omission in the instructions. You need to set up the vaccuum tubes as shown to connect to the intake manifold rather than cap it off.

Do you like the sound now? It's makes the engine sound MUCH more meaty! :drool:

pic1.jpg

thanks for your pm gary , gonna check that tube out ! glad i kept all me tubes ! havent had the light come on yet tho so fingers crossed !

really happy with the sound ! power pick up is fairly hard to tell with but seems much more responsive tho !

anyone notice a hike in power? contemplating getting one but not if the only performance incease is vocal!

anyone notice a hike in power? contemplating getting one but not if the only performance incease is vocal!

See my signature... didn't do a run before the installation of the kit, so not sure how true the recorded BHP is... but it definitely feels quicker! :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links