Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ipod In Car Harman Kardon

speedingsivi

Nifty device but most of that just controlling! Still got the problem of integrating it in with the audio system where only a wired FM modulator would work in that case (Out of the two systems they suggest on website without further modification). A wired FM modulator can be picked up cheap anyway and then just a good docking station that would charge the ipod at the same time just well located in the dash area would do tbh. That seems a bit overkill for rich/flash people :P

Wiring the audio into the system to a standard stereo is either wired FM modulator, wireless FM modulator (illegal and poorer quality), using the connects2 adapter (do a search and see the million-and-one posts on this that will tell you EVERYTHING you could possibly ask about them :P) or by gettin an aftermarket Head Unit with an Aux input and doing it that way!

Any more questions just ask!

iPods suck!

Plus you risk making that system redundant if your iPod is ever to break or even if you upgrade in a year or two's time, not sure about iPod connections but I imagine they may change with versions making cradle more expensive.

Probably better off just finding a nice mount to keep your iPod somewhere reachable and let you change it and a wired connection (best quality) using Connects 2 or wired FM modulator like Woody says.

Plus you can do that yourself, whereas you'll pay a premium for the Harmon Kardon kit, plus installation. You can also use whatever you like with it, audio device wise - since most of them only really use the 3.5mm headphones jack.

my choice is this podgear FM transmitter. OK its not pretty, but it does the job and allows me to whip out my pod when i go to the gym. so theres me 2p worth.

img04950fx.th.jpg

I have a Pioneer headunit and just use the aux input, the wiring cost me £15 I think and will work on any mp3 player - I use it with my creative zen and also my sisters ipod. It does mean buying an aftermarket headunit though, but you can get a decent pioneer one for a good price (cheaper than buying the set up you want.)

wow a lot of info. thanks guys. i had ordered a Griffin roadtrip car http://www.ipodx.co.uk/products/griffin_ro...ansmitter.shtml

but im not sure whether to get the harmon kardon one. it does say that when i get it fitted they can have a wired fm transmitter. my preference would be a new headunit no doubt but its my dads car at the end of the day an hes all worryed about me doing that. : ( i think ill try the griffin one for now an then if i decide against it ill just sell it to one of the ipod and car owners at college:P cheers guys ill let you know how i get on with it. thanks again

I don’t know about this system but the stuff he makes is quite good, the new Saab 9-5 and the Caddy BLS both have his systems and the new 9-3 in August will change from a clarion unit to one of his. I have a iPod connected to the 9-5 here in work as a demo for customers and the sound quality is excellent. So if his headunits are anything to go by its top notch

iv got the griffin one and its great. as long as you tune it into a station tht has no interference the quality is fine and i can not hear any difference in the quality. the only thing that is a bit anoying is that it is a tight squeeze to get the ipod into the holder. apart from that great product. definetlly recomend

Just ordered a Connects2 adapter for my sister's Yaris, so will hopefully be able to see how the sound quality varies.

I'm looking for something like this for month; I wanted a new mp3 headunit, at which I could connect also my iPod. Is simple: I don't like to change all the time the disc, even if it can hold up to 150 melodies. I want to have all the time all the music that I like accesible just with some clicks (that means over 10GB). So, I've searched the internet, and I'm still searching too see if smtg new appears, for more than 4 month.

Taking in consider that the standard headunit is with cassete deck, with an mp3 headunit, I'd had a complete radio-cassete-cd-mp3-hdd player :) (yes, the DVD is missing :P)

But I also want a good headunit quality, with at least 4x45W, with bass and equalizer control. Considering this, the only choice until sometime ago was Alpine 9847 + the iPod adaptor (charging the iPod in the car is a priority). But the price was a little higher, and I was disapointed. Until now (2006), when Alpine put on the market a new headunit with the iPod cable an adaptor included (the adaptor is already fitted in the unit); is the 9850Ri. The price is almost the same with the 9847 from the last year (2005).

I've tried it at a shopping center, and i'm very impressed of the performance. So, I still stock money for it :)

Others ways to connect an iPod, or to connect a HDD, so taking away a big/huge quantity of music after u, are more (much more) expensive.

Hope this helps.

P.S.: If anyone already tried/bought it, please, tell me your impressions. I'm very interested. Thanx

one thing i hav found with the griffin one i have is that you need to have your ipod voulume on about 30% as above this it may get distorted.

I still stand by the fact that the best quality is achieved with a headunit which is ipod compatible with an ipod adapter. I can hear no difference between a CD and mp3s from the ipod encoded at 320kbps on my hifi which has a pretty good frequency range.........but depends on how much of an audiophile you are!

This also charges your ipod as you go along and displays track info on the headunit which is pretty cool :thumbsup:

Plus you can simply take the ipod out when you want, say for the gym as previously mentioned.

Well thats my 2 pence :!Removed!:

throw your ipod out the window!!! :P

tht was helpful. what do u sujest i use then?

something a bit less apple :P

He's a friggin' nutter but this time he's right! :o

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links