Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

D-4d Service Cost

bobbarnes

I know this comes up regularly but does anyone have an idea of what would be a reasonable charge

for a 3yr, 30k service on a Rolla D-4D ( 2003 ) ?

I've read about some of the inflated dealer charges on here but , as I don't know any independent garages in my area, I'm likely to go for the safe option.

Actually, if anyone knows a good South London independent then that would be useful.

Perhaps I should widen this question to include petrol engines.

Sounds like there aren't too many diesel members about ?

I know this comes up regularly but does anyone have an idea of what would be a reasonable charge

for a 3yr, 30k service on a Rolla D-4D ( 2003 ) ?

I've read about some of the inflated dealer charges on here but , as I don't know any independent garages in my area, I'm likely to go for the safe option.

Actually, if anyone knows a good South London independent then that would be useful.

A new diesel owner here ...... and yes there aren't to many about. Petrol services will be cheaper than a diesel service as they have to do more work on the diesel engine.

Mine has just had it's 30k service but I can't tell you the price as I got it for free when I brought the car. If I was you I would phone around all the toyota garages within 100 miles of where you live and get some quotes. After you have got some quotes pop to your local Mr T and they should price match it for you :thumbsup:

If you don't know where to find the details of your local garages just look them up on the Toyota website :thumbsup: !

But as it's a half service - just an oil filter change etc I guess it would be around the £150-£250 mark :unsure:

But let us know what you get :thumbsup:

But as it's a half service - just an oil filter change etc I guess it would be around the £150-£250 mark :unsure:

Blimey sounds a lot for so little. Guess I'm going to spend a fair bit of time on the phone.

£ 65 all in

Nice. Where was this ? Doesn't sound like a dealer charge ..

• 3 weeks later...

I just put my car in for a service today with Mr. T at Jemca Bromley it is a 1.4VVti Corolla. Cost me just over £200, which thought was a bit steep. :( Will definitely look round next year to see if I can get a better price.

An additional question to service. I just check my log book and they haven't stamped it for my 10000 and 20000 service. Will have a word with them tomorrow about it but does anyone if this will effect my service history if I ever sell it on? I do have the service reports and bills to show that I have had services undertaken.

I just put my car in for a service today with Mr. T at Jemca Bromley it is a 1.4VVti Corolla. Cost me just over £200, which thought was a bit steep. :( Will definitely look round next year to see if I can get a better price.

An additional question to service. I just check my log book and they haven't stamped it for my 10000 and 20000 service. Will have a word with them tomorrow about it but does anyone if this will effect my service history if I ever sell it on? I do have the service reports and bills to show that I have had services undertaken.

I take it was its 30k service? which isn't to bad to be honest, considering it's a diesel.

And about the 10k and 20k services without any stamps .... if you got it done at Mr T they will have the records of it on their computer system, so just give them a quick phone call and they should sort it out for you. All they will do is stamp it, you wont get any bits of paper for it but the stamp is all you need.

You do want to get it done as alot of people prefer a FTSH (full toyota shown history) and as you have paid for it you might as well get the stamp for it.

its a scam! all they do is change the oil and filter and perhaps the air filter and stamp the book! criminals!

In my anger/ disappointment I missed out some points.

It was my 20000 service and I have the petrol 1.4 VVTi

When I spoke to Mr.T over the phone to book it in for the service they said it would be around £160.

When my missus got there it was just over £200, which included a pollen filter change not part of the service but they decided it needing replacing. I thought they would at least ask if I wanted it changed, not that I am an expert on pollen filters. I don't know how often they need changing and how I would tell if they did. Or even how to change it. I know it is not expensive but it is just, how sad am I, the principle of it.

And apparently the guy who quoted me the price had forgot to include VAT when tell me the price over the phone.

I did point out the fact that my logbook hadn't been stamped for the first service and that I would have liked to have been updated which they said they would do.

I just hate spending money so much. I am so tight :P

Thanks for listening

GOLD MEMBERSHIP :thumbsup:

i got 12.5% discount on my service at listers toyota nuneaton. :thumbsup:

Panel filter - open the glove box and on the left hand side you will see a screw connected to the arm holding open the draw. Undo the screw and push in the glove box near the top at the back where the sides are, they are just clips either side which allows you to pull out the glove box.

Once you have removed the glovebox you will see a big white thing, there will be a pull out compartment and the filter is in it (it is labled).

Changing wise I would say around every 20-30k to be replaced but most of the time a quick vac will do.

Make sure they replace them and not just vac them and charge you for a new one :rolleyes:

GOLD MEMBERSHIP :thumbsup:

i got 12.5% discount on my service at listers toyota nuneaton. :thumbsup:

Darn ..... got loads of stuff from there and not used my gold card :rolleyes:

Are they okay with it - next time I get something I'll ask :lol:

Mind you they are cheaper than the other Mr T's

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links