Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Corolla Owner

Cowdenite

Hi Folks

I've only had my 1.6 auto Colour Collection Corolla for 2 weeks and find the forums very useful. Maybe I should have been reading them before I bought the car as I would have then been aware about the oil consumption issues around the 1.6ltre engine. I got my first shock when reading the handbook and found what was regarded as acceptable for oil consumption.

Hopefully the problem has been sorted and new cars are not affected. However forwarned is forearmed and I will keep a log of miles oil etc.

Apart from that during the short time I've had the car it seems to be as good as I thought it would be.

Cowdenite

Welcome to the forum :thumbsup:

I've had a clour collection since November 2005, which has now done 2,200 miles.

To date I've not used a drop of oil, but reading this forum it appears that oil problems were experienced with the first VVTI engines around the years 2002 and 2003 and it now appears to be resolved :o

Heres hoping that is correct.

Welcome to the forum :thumbsup:

I've had a clour collection since November 2005, which has now done 2,200 miles.

To date I've not used a drop of oil, but reading this forum it appears that oil problems were experienced with the first VVTI engines around the years 2002 and 2003 and it now appears to be resolved :o

Heres hoping that is correct.

Cheers for pointing this out as I have just got my 04 diesel Corolla on saturday. I am very happy with the car perfromance and it's features :thumbsup: !

Is there anything else to know probems wise about the car?

ive got a 2002 1.6 corolla and it hardly uses any oil, i think it was an early batch of the 1.6/1.8 vvti engine's that were effected.

Welcome to the Club :thumbsup:

Can't go wrong with the Corolla :)

Welcome to the Club :thumbsup:

Can't go wrong with the Corolla :)

....Afterall it is the worlds best selling car :thumbsup:

Welcome and lots of fun and pleasure with the Rolla mate :thumbsup:

hi,

i got a new 1.6 colour collection auto a few weeks ago too...

i like it generally, feelings would be

should have mirror attatched to roof rather that window, like my old corolla did, this mirror bounces around too much

Speakers are useless, for the price of some decent pioneers or similar they would be a million percent better if they put better Speakers in from new

would prefer DAB radio without having to go to the hassle of changing stereo

rear hatch needs a good slam to shut

dont like having to put rear fogs on before front ones will go on, in a dark lane up to a friends garage id just like to be able to use them as addition to main beam

buzzer on seat belts in a pain

ignition key hole is a bit less smooth round the edges than im used to and needs precision to get key in and out, they would be better off smoothing around the opening more

would have been happy with steel wheels... in fact i would have preferred steel wheels

climate control isnt what its cracked up to be, air cons with knobs would be just as good

just wanted the best auto without a sunroof (didnt want to loose any headroom), would prefer a more sporty model with auto box, but could have done without the plastic add ons to the sills down the side, these will just get damaged in my view

but its the best compromise of all the things i was looking for

and on the whole i like it

so hope you have a great time with your car too

cheers

Another person from Coventry :thumbsup: !

I agree with the climate control and the boot problem ..... a few other features would have been nice to!

On the motorway to work today I was getting 70MPG there and back :D

So i'm happy with the car and it's performance :thumbsup: !

you cant put the front fog lights on without back?! thats stupid!

Why :wacko: !

Your only suposed to have your fog lights on if it's foggy :yes:

ive got fog lights on mine and i can put either the front fogs on or the rear and front fog lights on.

ive got fog lights on mine and i can put either the front fogs on or the rear and front fog lights on.

ohh i guess this guy has the e12 first edition or something then?

Why :wacko: !

Your only suposed to have your fog lights on if it's foggy :yes:

Yeh?...

I like to have them on anyway

im gona fit HID's in them...set a new stylee!

iLLestJT

mines a 2002 02'plate t-spirit and another one of my mates has a 2004 t-spirit and the fogs are the same as mine.

whats a e12 first edition ?

the other winge ive got is according to toyota web site they are now doing them in 3 doors, where when i ordered mine they were only doing them in 5, i would have rather had a 3 door shame i hadnt known...

still i like it, where do i get cheap good floor mats from?

whats a e12 first edition ?

the other winge ive got is according to toyota web site they are now doing them in 3 doors, where when i ordered mine they were only doing them in 5, i would have rather had a 3 door shame i hadnt known...

still i like it, where do i get cheap good floor mats from?

e12 is the design name that toyota have given the corolla built from 2002-onwards,

1st edition was the 1st generation e12 corolla, 2nd edition is your shape corolla (the face lift version)

mines only a few weeks old so its post facelift, with the tear on the headlights...

got the silly passenger seatbelt warning light and buzzer

and yep the fog lights are on a rotational switch 1st turn rears are on 2nd turn front and back are on, so you cannot put fronts on without already having switched the rear ones on

i rang toyota they said its front first then back!

its pointless having back on then front, all over cars have it front and then back.

a 95/m gs lexus has it clearly a 06 corolla should

i guess u're wrong 'normal bloke', cause on mine the 1st turn switches on the front fogs, and the 2nd both.....

I have a Facelift Corolla to i,am going to check it out now , but i tought that the first turn is the front foglight and the second turn is the Back foglight .

as long as my car has it front first then back afterwards i dnt car.

otherwise toyota gona get a ***** kicking

oh dear, if im wrong im sorry

ill check when im in the car next

i was sure it was back then both

if its front then both thats even worse, as in coastal fog i would want rears on and not fronts, whereas inland fog both would be ok

why carnt they just put 2 switches in and let the driver decide?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links