Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Looking For Alternatives To Toyota Javascript:emoticon(':crybaby:&

Muppet99

My existing T3-X is up for replacement - So seeing how I really like my existing car, I thought it would be a very simple case of just ordering another Avensis. How wrong can I be?

The model that I want is simply another T3-X, estate with the full colour Sat Nav.

Apparently the full colour sat nav is now only available as an option on the T-Spirit model. As this is a company car (on a quite tight budget) I cannot get a T-spirit and there is also the issue of the 1.8 not being an option on the T-spirit so my income tax will go up significantly!

So the question is - Is there any other vehicle out there that is as comfortable and reliable as the Avensis that anyone can recommend?

Can anyone explain why Toyota have reduced the availability of the full colour sat nav?

The full colour screen sat nav was never an option on the t3x nor the turn by turn sat nav. To keep all the toys the t3x has you could opt for a 1.8 T4 spec, this gives you all the toys you have now plus the turn by turn sat nav. The full colour screen sat nav does not have ETA where the turn by turn does. The t-spirit never came with the 1.8 engine only 2.0 petrol and 2.0 d4d and 2.2 d4d. If you want sat nav and aint botherd about rear electric windows rain sensing wipers the t3s has sat nav. Bare in mind that a facelifted model is due out in july. If you like the avensis so much opt for a T4 1.8.

The full colour screen sat nav was never an option on the t3x nor the turn by turn sat nav. To keep all the toys the t3x has you could opt for a 1.8 T4 spec, this gives you all the toys you have now plus the turn by turn sat nav. The full colour screen sat nav does not have ETA where the turn by turn does. The t-spirit never came with the 1.8 engine only 2.0 petrol and 2.0 d4d and 2.2 d4d. If you want sat nav and aint botherd about rear electric windows rain sensing wipers the t3s has sat nav. Bare in mind that a facelifted model is due out in july. If you like the avensis so much opt for a T4 1.8.

Thanks for that Steve. The full colour sat nav used to be an option for the T3-X (I know that because my current T3-X has it fitted)

I appreciate what you are suggesting re the T4 / T3-S but having used both types of sat nav in the past I really would miss the full map version.

I will probably end up going for the T4 but I will really miss the full map navigation system.

an alternative car Nissan Primera SE spec which I think is around the same price bracket.

this has a colour Sat Nav, with rear parking camera.

SVE spec has most things you need, while top spec 'T-Spec' (probably out of your budget) has an even longer list of goodies including leather, xenon lights, laser guided cruise control (and has since launch) which top gear were singing about on the new Mercedes S Class.

However reliability isn't as good as a Toyota, safety isn't as high, and the looks are an acquired taste, with the instruments centered in the console.

Hi. I had the Mk1 Avensis GS that had the small black & white Sat Nav. This was my first ever SatNav and I found it very good - it got me to SE Germany and Barcelona, but I must say it wasn't 100% accurate/efficient. I think the actual satellite technology was just not up to modern standards.

However, I just decided to update to the Mk 2 (wanted a Toyota still because they are V good) but was disappointed that to get Sat Nav you had to sacrifice other toys by going for the T3-S.

I have no idea why they cut out SatNav when it is now so popular, (it started with the Vermont) any way, the obvious solution was to choose the model you want (me was the T3-X) and buy a SatNav (my choice was Garmin Nuvi). It isn't often used anyway, and whilst it's not ideal not being integral, you can move it to other cars and gives excellent full colour, 3D graphics etc. etc.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links