Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gti Brake Warning Light

vanillaice

Hi,

Just recently I have noticed that when driving round bends at speed, my brake warning light flashes on my dash board. The light will sometimes come on when under heavy braking, but most noticebale on the twisties.

The car just passed it's MOT, and nothing was mentioned about the brakes. My initial thought is that the front pads could be getting worn, but they should have been flagged with the MOT right? :huh:

Without inspecting the pads is there any thing else I should try?

Cheers,

ICE

I've had something similat - turned out to be low brake fluid level - got to be worth a check

Yes the light usually comes on with low brake fluid but dont just go and top it up. Check your pads they are more than likely low. If the pads are worn more brake fluid is used in pushing the piston which in turn pushes the pad onto the disk.

What you will find is when the pads have been replaced the brake fluid reservoir will have more fluid in it that is there currently.

As for your MOT test, braking is measured bya brake force test and even with low pads a car can pass.

I had same problem, topped up with brake fluid and it was gone but checking your pads wont be a bad idea as recommended by l4agze

Thanks guys,

Before reading your replies I checked the brake fluid level and it was on the minimum marker. Topped it up, havent checked to see if the light has stopped now yet.

Hoping to fit braided brake lines and some better pads on the front before long, will recheck the level again then to make sure its not to high or low.

Cheers,

ICE

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links