Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Emu Resetting

steveky

My daughters 2000W avensis ran for a couple of months with the EM light on but the garage from where she bought it said "don'tworry" anyway 2 weeks ago it completely cut out and even the garage couldn't connect the diagnostics to it, then today they go to it to move it and what do you know it started, light went off for 30 mins then came on. Needless to say they are now saying it's okay again but we are saying no get it sorted. My question is did the emu shut down for safety reasons and after a period of time it resets itself or is there something more sinister?

Thanks

Steve

What engine do you have?

If it's the 1.8 the Engine management system is the same as the Carina E:

See:

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...l=code++reading

A full list of the fault codes and how to reset the EMU is given here:

http://carina-e.com/main/page.php?17.

The only real difference is that the diagnostic socket is next to the fuse box next to the driver:

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...hl=fault++code*

Hi Gazza

Its a 2litre CDX manual do you think it would be the same?

Thanks

Steve

Can't say, but removing the EFI fuse will reset the system. If a genuine fault exists the warning light will come back on.

I know that the early Avensis wasn't OBD compliant and diagnosis was carried out by this method. I can't be sure whether it was the same for all models.

Can't say, but removing the EFI fuse will reset the system. If a genuine fault exists the warning light will come back on.

I know that the early Avensis wasn't OBD compliant and diagnosis was carried out by this method. I can't be sure whether it was the same for all models.

All avensis are obd compliant you have just got to know where to stick your pins in the socket (behind coin bin on off side front by drivers leg

This box of tricks is a rip off all you need is a small bit of wire and some times an led all you have to do to get the codes out is find the igt1 and earth termials of the obd socket (4 along the top and 5 along the bottom but check on the internet to make sure) and turn ign on the fault code then flashes up on the engine mangiment light if this dose not work then replace the wire with an led and the led flashes the fault code I do this when the intelegent tester plays up at work .

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links