Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

A-pillar Covers

dazwan

Hi,

I've just ordered a new BT carkit for the mobi and hopefully will get delivered it at the weekend. Seeing as I'm too tight to pay for this to be installed I'll be doing it myself and am confident about most of it apart from routing the wires up the pillar at the side of the windscreen to install the mike (and possibly the remote). I'll need to take the cover off the pillar and after having a quick look I am unsure how I remove it.

Do I just pull it/jimmy it off and expect it to 'pop' off the pillar or are there any hidden screws or clips somewhere I need to know about? or is it quite an involved process (ie removing door sealing strips, etc.)

BTW, this is on a 98' S-Reg 1st Gen Avensis.

What I do is gently pull the rubber door seal away and route the wire behind that, then at the top, run the wire behind the roof lining, right at the front, near the windscreen, saves messing around removing trim.

I might do that, but the trim looks like it will come off with a quick tug and its just so tempting (not sure how easy it will go back on though), like when you find a loose thread in a jumper, you just NEED to pull it out :blink:

just pull the trim from the top and it pops out and then pull it out of the dash dead easy when refittin ensure you have the clip lined up with the hole (halfway up ) and give it a tap back in !

That was easier than I was expecting! It was a bit tricky gettting the bottom tabs back into the slots, but it went back on fine.

My car kit is now installed, although I've not yet decided on the location of the remote, so the cover may be coming off again whilst I move it somewhere that the light isn't constantly in my line of sight as I drive.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links