Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Problem With Ecu. Please Help!

sri2001

Hi

I bought a 1999 Corolla last month. but it had only one key with fob. I wanted to buy another key just in case i lost the original. Contacted dealer and been quoted about £250 including programming. I paid for key (£180) from parts dept and taken to service dept to get it programmed.

But they said that i need to change some other parts (ECU, N/STK Computer) that costs about £650 extra.

I wanted to return the key because of it is no use for me. but they rejected to take it back since it has been programmed for my car (that can open and close doors. but can't start the engine).

My previous key works perfectly fine.

Please some one can give me advise about what should i do?

thanks

Sri :crybaby::crybaby:

Sri

Dont pay the dealers for a new ECU, they will tell you they need to replace it which is true. However, the dealers do not know how to put the ECU to virgin state again. This will enable you to reprogram the Keys using your ignition.

I can do this for you, however you would need to send me your ECU so I can reset it for you.

Nad

Sri

Dont pay the dealers for a new ECU, they will tell you they need to replace it which is true. However, the dealers do not know how to put the ECU to virgin state again. This will enable you to reprogram the Keys using your ignition.

I can do this for you, however you would need to send me your ECU so I can reset it for you.

Nad

Hi Nad

thanks for your reply. I dont know how to remove ECU. So please let me know your contact details so i can arrange a day and come down to your place.

My email address is : Sri2001@hotmail.com

thanks

Sri

Any more input from others :help::help:

i have just copied a key programming sequence for you to try which is of autodata cd from garages so will e mail you it soon as i get my scanner running :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links