Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

88 Supra Engine Swap

tt88supra

I was wondering if any1 knows of any1 who has had this done and what are all the modifications i have to make. any web sites on the topic would be helpful too. thanks,

2jzgte in mk3, thats me

• 3 weeks later...

I know someone did that. I'll try to find the picture, but it has benn done. IT wasn't turbocharge, a plain small block chevy. A lt1 I think !!

Dayz

Dunno.. if anyone remember the WIDE gold supra from brighton that was at billing.....

he's juts bought a 4.3 TVR V8 on throttle bodies that hes going to bung in :o

noooo.... it'll be crap wont it? The secret of the TVR power is their weight.. wont the 4.3 TVR just be like bunging in a 4 litre lexus V8 ie only about 250-280 bhp? Not much better than a standard turbo surely.

whats a sb turbo charged 350???

If its a left hooker you've got to convert to single turbo as the twins dont fit on a left hooker, i hope you have lots of time and money :blink:

That guy with the orange wide slow mkiii really knows how to waste his dosh, he's now gonna get the unrealibility of the TVR and it aint gonna be an awful lot quicker, he'd be better of putting one of the blown supra engines in surely. :wacko:

I know I told him that...

he's doing it for the noise lo... did ya know that car is his daily driver!!!!

he likes the idea that its a brit engine ina jap car.. going against the grain.... I'm sure a 1JZ transplant would be cheaper and easyer.... but hey........

when my second engine blew in my red MK£ 8 days after I put it in... I was thinking of installing a "lexus" v8 out of a soarer... as the mounts are a direct swap.... the only prob is the bonnet would not shut over it... so I was gonna cut a hole and fita tunnel ram supercharger yank tank stylee...

car was conna be smothed euro style... in black, flames on the front, us hot rod style super charger poking thru the "hood" and a fast and furious jap street racer style "GT WING" at the back....

asure woulda been "different"

not slow either!!!!

would need tints tho.. not sure if I'd wanna bee seen in it!!! it would have been the kinda car you say "thats damn cool... wouldn't own it tho"

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links