Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Speaker Problem

bhinderharminder

Hi,

ive just installed some Infinity Reference 6512i Speakers in the front doors of my e12 corolla, the problem ive got is when the volume is turned up to the max and there is some bass, the Speakers sound a bit flat like they are bottoming out, if you know what i mean. It never used to happen when i had the origional toyota Speakers in. Could it be as i have got the standard head unit in there? :help:

Have you just installed them??

You have to give them time to wear them in, otherwise, they have a rather hard sounding sound.

Have you checked your tone settings??

Remember, the power output might be different from your old Speakers and the output from your H/U could be of a lower power rating against your max power rating of your new Speakers.

There are alot of factors you need to find out first before saying you have a problem with the Speakers

Hey Bing,

You got that W200i fitted yet? :)

Hey Bing,

You got that W200i fitted yet? :)

Don't talk to me about the unit :ffs: :lol:

It's the right size but wrong shape :lol:

This is what i mean...

P1000721-0.JPG

P1000722-0.JPG

Got a friend who's doing a facial adaptor to make it fit, so will keep posted when he's got it sorted and i've got it fitted :thumbsup:

Ahh.... :!Removed!:

Still looks the dogs in there :D Keep us posted ;)

Ahh.... :!Removed!:

Still looks the dogs in there :D Keep us posted ;)

Apart from the size of it :rolleyes: , and prob be sticking out a mile :lol: it sounded the nuts in there.

If you can just tell, i was watching Kill Bill on it, and it sounded awesome :D

Will keep you posted :thumbsup:

Have you just installed them??

You have to give them time to wear them in, otherwise, they have a rather hard sounding sound.

Have you checked your tone settings??

Remember, the power output might be different from your old speakers and the output from your H/U could be of a lower power rating against your max power rating of your new speakers.

There are alot of factors you need to find out first before saying you have a problem with the speakers

yah, ive checked the setting and fiddled about with them and got it a bit better

i find the standard stereo too bassy

i find the standard unit quit :censor: lol

but the Infinity Reference 6512i Speakers i installed sound mighty fine :)

but the Infinity Reference 6512i speakers i installed sound mighty fine :)

Then i can't understand why your getting poor sounding quality from them then.

Just give a bit of time to settle, and don't over do it on the tone setting, have at most set to +2 at most.

Bing

:thumbsup:

but the Infinity Reference 6512i speakers i installed sound mighty fine :)

Then i can't understand why your getting poor sounding quality from them then.

Just give a bit of time to settle, and don't over do it on the tone setting, have at most set to +2 at most.

Bing

the speaks sound fine, its just when you get some bass in the music sometimes the Speakers go flat.

cheers

So as your local ...... when are you coming to fit mine :P ;)

whenever you want lol :D

Had another idea why it could sound flat, is the speaker polarity ok, not to say that you wired it up wrong.

Just trying to get all your bases covered, and rule out any simple faults that you might forgot about

Bing

Had another idea why it could sound flat, is the speaker polarity ok, not to say that you wired it up wrong.

Just trying to get all your bases covered, and rule out any simple faults that you might forgot about

Bing

as i didnt know which colour wires were + or -, but before i screwed the Speakers in i listned to them with the wires in both + & -, if that makes sense!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links