Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla Winscreen Query

Cowdenite

I've had my Corolla for about a month now and yesterday a passenger asked what the patterned area of the windscreen behind the interior mirror was for.

Any one know?

I've done about 1500 miles now and the car is great.

This may be complete rubbish, but I always assumed it was to avoid glare from the sun if it happened to be behind the mirror when you look up at it.

Glad you're pleased with the car btw.

I don't really know either. I thought it was the to hide to the fact that the rearview mirror was stuck to the glass. Could be wrong of course!

This may be complete rubbish, but I always assumed it was to avoid glare from the sun if it happened to be behind the mirror when you look up at it.

Glad you're pleased with the car btw.

Same here :unsure:

I don't really know either. I thought it was the to hide to the fact that the rearview mirror was stuck to the glass. Could be wrong of course!

Bit of both... also, when you have the sunvisors down, it shades the areas left behind.... :thumbsup:

its the rain sensor for the wipers!!!!

Not all Corollas have this!

100% its the rain sensor, if you have alook in the accessory installtion manuals, the one for the DRG kit says its the rain sensor.

i realise that not all corollas have this, but i believe most of the facelift ones do.

100% its the rain sensor, if you have alook in the accessory installtion manuals, the one for the DRG kit says its the rain sensor.

i realise that not all corollas have this, but i believe most of the facelift ones do.

Yeah I understand that, but he's not asking what the plastic part under the mirror is... he's asking what the black dotted pattern on the windscreen around the mirror is...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links