Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Previa Paint

Zunoon

Hi, I have a UK spec Previa P reg 1997 GS Auto. Can anyone tell me where I can obtain the black paint that is used on and around the panels and doors. I need the right shade! Is there a special name for it, cause this particular black is very shiny and hard.

Any help/info is appreciated

Hi, I have a UK spec Previa P reg 1997 GS Auto. Can anyone tell me where I can obtain the black paint that is used on and around the panels and doors. I need the right shade! Is there a special name for it, cause this particular black is very shiny and hard.

Hiya dude, you need to locate the tag plate (flimsy ally plate with your vin number on) then they will be a little number stamped on it labelled colour, paint etc i would imagine it would be 209 if it's metallic or 202 if it's solid. Where my missus works they supply paint to the motor trade and thats where i used to get my paint from. called DAVMAC. i know it,s no where near where you are but if you ask at local bodyshops they will give you a number or two for there suppliers. hope this helps. :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Hiya dude, you need to locate the tag plate (flimsy ally plate with your vin number on) then they will be a little number stamped on it labelled colour, paint etc i would imagine it would be 209 if it's metallic or 202 if it's solid. Where my missus works they supply paint to the motor trade and thats where i used to get my paint from. called DAVMAC. i know it,s no where near where you are but if you ask at local bodyshops they will give you a number or two for there suppliers. hope this helps. :thumbsup:

Thank you, how you doing, that a great help for the info about the paint, now all I got to do is find out if its matellic or solid.....

just give your local paint supplier the paint code and they will give you the correct colour and shade being mettalic or not. you can teel when the sun is out, look into the paint as if through the laquer and if its mettalic you will see metal flake in the colour, being black the norm is usually red, green, and gold flakes.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links