Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

A Tribute To Mary

Demonic Angel

I think its always great to hear about people like our Kimi who fight cancer and beat it and survive....

Sadly, my beloved grandma lost her fight to lung cancer tonight - she was 77 and the most amazing woman I've ever had the pleasure of knowing.

She was only diagnosed 6 weeks ago, and the last 2 weeks she's deteriorated dreadfully. Beginning of this week she could no longer walk and could barely talk.

Yesterday she'd been put on a drip and was on morphine for the pain.

She passed away peacefully in her sleep, my uncle was with her at the time. I'm just thankful she's no longer in any pain.

So this is my tribute to my grandma Mary, who I loved and admired with all my heart and soul. I will miss your good advice and your wise words, I will miss the way you are always right, even though I'd never tell you you were. I'll miss your crosswords and your obsession with Countdown, I'll miss the puzzles we did and the games we played and you taking me to the doctors for my mum when I was faking illness to get out of school and the fact you never told my Mum that I was faking it, I'll miss you telling me off when I was a kid for playing with your ornaments, which you told me I could have when I was big enough. I'll miss your mint imperials and colouring in pictures for you and porridge in the morning.

If I turn out to be half the amazing person you were, I'll be happy with that. I'm glad I got the opportunity to tell you that I loved you before you passed away.

I will make you proud and I'll remember your good advice and although I'm sad right now, I'll never stop smiling.

I'm so sorry to hear this Em. As I said the other night, stay strong and keep smiling xx

Em,

It's never easy losing someone you love no matter how long a time you know it's going to happen in advance.

You know you've got friends and loved ones around who are there for you if needed.

Sincerest condolences to you and of course your family....

I'll call you later.

Ryan

x

Yeah... I'm sorry to hear that Em :(

Condolances to your and to your family.

Alan

My thoughts are with you and yours Em..

I hope that wherever your grandma is she is very happy now...

One day in the (hopefully) distant future we will all be with them.. so its not really goodbye... but see you later

*hugs, all the best x

Em

my thought are with you hun at this sad time,

its never easy losing someone you love,

my thoughts on death are that the body may be gone however your soul stays with the people you love,

so although mary has passed away she will still be with you Em.

This rotten disease takes away far too many people.

kimi x

Really sorry to hear this, the pain it genuinely does decrease over time so take each day as it comes & you'll be ok. You've done her proud with the tribute, if you need anything you only have to ask :hug:

Sorry to hear this Em. Like the others say she'll be far from forgotten by you so she's not really gone. Sympathy to you and your family at this sad time.

Em, thats truely moving

Sorry to hear about this and my thoughts and prayers go to your family!

Im not ashamed to say your words brought me to tears, thinking about past loss's etc

Sorry to hear that :( condolences to you and your family...

Just wanted to say thank you to you all for your kind words.

I've spent most of today with my family, all of which are doing fine. My Grandad isnt doing very well and wants to be on his own at the moment and my aunt, who has spent most of the last two weeks at the hospital at her side spent today having a well earned rest.

We are not sure when the funeral will be, possibly end of this week, early next week but we are all thinking now that we would prefer to celebrate her life rather than mourn her death.

Still a bit up and down and will be for a while but everyone has been very supportive and I can't thank people enough for all the kind words, my family and I appreciate it more than you know.

She would like me to continue to live my life, I intend to do so. It upsets me that she wont see me get married or have a baby, but I know she'll always be there.

Will probably not be myself for a while, trying to be myself but sometimes I fall into a big black hole, but Ryan is being especially great and is good at picking me back up again. :)

....but Ryan is being especially great and is good at picking me back up again. :)

Knew those banana skins would come in handy :D

Celebrating the life is the best way for sure mate, did it for my uncles funeral earlier this year as he died from prostate cancer!

We were in the pub by 2pm and did exactly what he would have wanted as he loved his beer, we got lashed big time!

Yeah, my Grandma had a good long life and thats the way you need to look at it, its not easy but strangely enough, coming on here helps because I can read a few daft posts and have a giggle about things... its when I sit on my own that I start to get upset....

Luckily, I'm rarely alone as if someone doesnt come round I get a phone call.

Its made me even more determined to raise even more money to find a cure for the dreaful disease though, especially seeing how quickly she deteriorated. :( I hate the thought of others having to suffer like that

Sorry to hear that Em, all the best to you and your family :)

In work today, thought I could handle it.... already burst into tears twice this morning! I'm ok if people dont ask me how I am!

They've said I can have as much time off as I need, but I'd much prefer to work and keep busy. Funeral is likely to be Friday, needless to say I'm still very much Em and have bought a new outfit to wear on the day! :lol:

Thanks for all the messages of support, I'd be lying if I said I was coping fine, I know I'm not, but everyone grieves in their own way I suppose.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links