Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help And Advice?!

karon

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this but am looking for some advice. About 13 years ago i bought an old 1978 celica liftback ST from a farmers chicken shed! I absolutely loved it then and still do now. However, it has only been mot'd and on the road for 6 months during that time and has been garaged for the rest. It badly needs restoring but i am told that it will be very costly and near impossible to locate spare parts etc. I have spoken to Peter Jackson at Toyota and he cannot even locate my model number. Apparently it is an Australian import but i have to write to Japan to try and find out its background info.

Mainly it needs a new bonnet, doors and wheel arches. I have searched the internet with no luck so far!

Does anyone think i have a hope in hells chance of restoring it without a second mortgage or should i just sell it on?? I would dearly love to keep it.

Karon, Bristol.

if you decide to sell it i'd probably buy it ;) unfortunately i think these cars need mosts parts fabricated as Toyota dont sell parts really for it anymore...

if you decide to sell it i'd probably buy it ;) unfortunately i think these cars need mosts parts fabricated as Toyota dont sell parts really for it anymore...

Thanks, i guessed i'd probably have to have everything fabricated...if thats the case, in your opinion would i ever be able to recoup what i've spent when selling it on? I also forgot to mention that it's been lowered and now handles better but do you think that has devalued it?

Been going over it today and its actually not too bad, even got it running again! Sounded beautiful! :D

Karon

I think they are probabaly worth most untouched :) but still with the rarity of the car im sure its still gotta be worth something. To be honest your best off asking people on the Celica Club :) they would be able to tell you whats what :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links