Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hand Over Your Crown.

lifechooser

I would instantly dismiss any environmental reports coming from the US anyway.

This is the country that still insists that there's no such thing as Global warming !

• 3 weeks later...

Come on people are we ignoring the point here the Aygo (3 or 5 dr/ C1 (3dr only) or 107 (3dr only) are small city cars sized fro 2 adults and 2 slim under 6fters with boot big enough for the amount of shopping you can carry. giving rated mpg of 61 to 68 mpg but co2 of 109g/km. i.e. a so called city car.

the prius is a large 5 door with enough room for 5 large rugby players and their kit-bags or 2 people and a washing machine and chest of drawers with rated mpg of 65 and CO2 of 104 g/km.

simply stating that a peugeot diesel is better mpg therefore is better for the environment is missing the point if you live in a city and have a car that can hold little more than 2 adults the greenest option is to use the city public transport if you can, if you need independant transport i.e, you are disabled then an all electric city car like the G-Wizz is the better option.

If you live in a city what justification is there for having a car unless you have special needs there is fast (faster than driving) public transport which is less costly and more eco friendly than running a car. The argument about more mpg from diesel being better is also wrong there are between 10,000 and 15,000 people a year die in the UK from respiratory diseases , cancers and immune conditions related to particulate from diesel. so this is not the green option.

I live in the country and the prius is perfect for lugging washing machines etc around economically as we have no public transport and have only just had tarmac on our access road. we need a car but its better to go for one vehicle that meets all your needs than have 2.

these vehicles are about as green as each other but if you take into account their carrying capacity 5 full adults as opposed to the 2 plus 2 half sized adults for the aygo/c1/107 the prius comes out better.

if anyone doubts that a 5* NCAP rating is safer/better than a 4* visit www.euroncap.com as the example of a smart car going 70mph into concrete is wrong that is not an accident that is a suicide attempt, 90% of all accidents involve other vehicles and the acceleration you receive is related to the mass of your vehicle if you are in a 1000-kg car with 4* that hits a 2000-kg car with 5* you are 5 times more likely to be injured due in part to inertial and in part to protective devices.

can someone please put a stop to this silly points scoring and talk about constructive things

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links