Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Powerflow Longlife Exhaust

phil3345

Just put the back box on my corolla t sport.It was back off within 20 mins!!!!

The car was slower and sooooo noisy.

DO NOT WASTE UR MONEY ON THESE BADLY DESIGNED THINGS!!!

Good job mine was only £40.

Sold it to a guy in quick fit.He has an astra :lol::lol:

a bit of welding and its away

its a small box with 2 pipes out easy to do if you can weld

The Powerflow box I've got fitted was custom built onto the car, they are designed around your car's specs & tailored to your liking which is handy if no-one makes one for your car - like the Paseo, this means no two systems are the same.

Anyone whos been to Kwik-Fit knows none of them can weld to save their lives... :lol:

I'm having problems with my Longlife system - it's just too loud. For a couple of day after I had my engine transplant done I had the standard mild steel system with cat and a Remus back box (it needed changing because it had a large crack all the way round the bottom of the box). I went to Longlife who put a 2.25" system on the car with a de-cat pipe - but it was so load that it hurt my head. It has been back twice since and although they have made it a bit quieter the"insert" they put in the back box is robbing my engine of 20-30bhp ( I have two dyno runs to show this). So tomorrow I'm off to Southampton to get a custom system made by Stealth Systems. Long life won't refund my money unless I can prove that any new system is quieter and allows the engine to produce more power. I had a sond pressure reading taken inside the car by a Longlife guy - with the windows and roof closed he got a peak reading of 91 db and yes that's inside the car - like I said too loud

Powerflow systems are not designed for a specific car.

They have a number of centre boxes a few back boxes and a choice of

tail pipes.The box I have is the correct fitting for mine but it was resonating in the box

making it unbearable in the car and it was slower.If you look at the corolla back box it is not a straight through box therefore it gives a certaim ammount of back pressure.

This changes the way the engine preforms mine was backfiring a little but oh so slow.

As you mention Quick Fit guys can not weld Would you trust them to design a preformance exhaust??THats where some of the powerflow guys are from

In conclusion DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY

Hmmm...

I've heard that the quality of the Powerflow dealers can vary hugely, perhaps this is to blame? Mine was fitted at X-Treme in Harlow who were very good.

Never had any problems with my box except the hanger perishing, didn't have any other options either as my car isn't catered for with aftermarket systems.

Don't TTE make a nice box for the Rolla?

Got to agree with Phil on this one. I don't think that they were able to properly design the system for a supercharged engine. It sounds fine when the supercharger is not working but as soon as it spins up the noise is too much. It's ahorrible pulsing throbbing resonance throughout the car and the noise from the exhaust is bad as well - I tried it in a tunnel near me and the noise is deafening.

Does anyone know what the legal exhaust noise limit is for a roadgoing car ?- I searched the web this afternoon but couldn't find anything for cars onlt bikes

i've had a powerflow exhaust on my celica for a year now & had no problems at all. Sounds to me it's all down to whoever welds/fits it.

I would imagine that you need a serious system for a car with lots of power like yours, for what I required it was fine.

To massively generalise is silly, like my comment about Kwik-Fit really, I'm sure there are lots of Kwik-Fit garages with good staff who know there stuff, all I can comment on are the one's I've been to which weren't up to much.

The system they made for me would probably be great on a car without forced induction - could be that that's all they really know how to do.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links