Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Selling Our House

stevetubbyturbo

We put our house on the market on wednesday last week and we priced it low as there is a lot of houses round here for sale as a lot of ex first time buyers are selling up now house prices have risen a lot in the last 5 years.

We have had a lot of viewing but just time wasters one bloke has been over four times and then tried to offer us 15k under the asking price he got told were to go.

Another bloke come round and wanted me to empty the place completely and then have a look.

And the others have seen the pictures in the estate agents and just wanted to know how i managed to get 16 cupboards, 5 meters of work top a washing machine, dishwasher, fridgefrezzer and a range oven in the kitchen i just tell them to buy it and then i'll tell you

What is wrong with people .

feel for you mate as I have recently been through similar rubbish.

ask your agent for accompained visits - so the agent also attends with the buyer - it will make the agent weed out wasters better as they don't want to be messed about obviously

:rolleyes: I had someone look at my house because they liked one round the corner which is similar but couldn't get a viewing of that one until the weekend so wanted to have a measure up in mine !

:rolleyes: I had someone look at my house because they liked one round the corner which is similar but couldn't get a viewing of that one until the weekend so wanted to have a measure up in mine !

:eek: you cant believe the cheek of some people can you :lol:

i hope you told him where to go :rolleyes:

I'm dreading selling our house as I'm worried it wont sell!

When we bought it, it had been on the market for about 12 months at a bargain price.... :unsure:

Can't be doing with timewasters, got no time to waste!

Some people are just ignorant, at the end of the day though it's a sellers market you're in with the way house prices are still flying so you're bound to find the right buyer sooner or later. Just take all of the time-wasters with a pinch of salt & try not to let them get to you. SMW's suggestion sounds like a good 1, let the agents filter the crap out before you even hear about them.

Keep your head up, it'll sell soon :thumbsup:

The estate agent is not doing his job!

Let them know that you want the time wasters sorted out. Unfortunately some people make a hobby of walking through peoples homes (particularly at weekends) and they have absolutely no intention of buying :angry:

Tell the agent that you only want people who are genuinely in a position to move (Already accepted an offer on their own house)

That should sort out some of the :censor:

Best of luck Steve :thumbsup:

Problem is, they still get through Steve. When I had to sell the flat I couldn't believe the cheek of some people. One person came round who was looking to buy-to-let and started telling me where I should redecorate! Another came round and showed absolutely no interest through the viewing (was quite rude actually) but then placed an offer well under the asking price!! We told them to :censor: off. :thumbsup:

The estate agent is not doing his job!

Let them know that you want the time wasters sorted out. Unfortunately some people make a hobby of walking through peoples homes (particularly at weekends) and they have absolutely no intention of buying :angry:

Tell the agent that you only want people who are genuinely in a position to move (Already accepted an offer on their own house)

That should sort out some of the :censor:

Best of luck Steve :thumbsup:

Ive had a word with the agents and told them to sort the wheat from the chaff and that if they dont they can do the viewings and have there time wasted.

Just would be nice to sell it and move back to my home town/village Carrot crunching land of Whittlesey as people round here suck.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links