Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Game!

~Rach~

Anyone want to play spot the random swear filter game? :lol:

Noticed a few a-hem choice edits in the swear filter lately, and wondered the reason behind them :thumbsup:

Its been a fun game over the last few days, see how many you can find :toast:

toyota sport? haha the filter sucks :lol: ;) only kidding (gets ready for an banning)

ubik is always a classic, whatever the ubik a ubik is :lol:

Anyone want to play spot the random swear filter game? :lol:

Noticed a few a-hem choice edits in the swear filter lately, and wondered the reason behind them :thumbsup:

Its been a fun game over the last few days, see how many you can find :toast:

:wacko:

Damn, the fun never stops in your house does it??

;)

No explanations yet Ryan? My my :lol:

PS Newlyweds do have better things to do, how do you know I wasnt doing something else at the same time I posted ;)

how do you know I wasnt doing something else at the same time I posted

Thats worse than noticing the ceiling needs painting! Think you married the wrong guy... ;)

I can't think of any naughty words that might be in the swear filter.... being the non-swearing wholesome family type girl I am....

Although I have to say that, personally **** is not a swear word! :yes:

Personally I think the swear filter has become exceptionally farcical now... and needs to be restructured.

Can we not have an agreed list of keywords that trigger the filter... perhaps the admin team can concoct a list of what they could/would find offensive and some common derivatives and get them set in stone and made into something like '*bleep*' or '*****' rather than the currently stupid ones that are often long, nonsensical.. or make sentences relatively unintelligable. For many long term users of TOC and those that have gotten to know that 'ubik' is infact a censored word... or that 'spuds of lurve' (or however its spelt) happens to actually only replace a single word... what about the new users that TOC is so keen to recruit?

I personally think a standard should be put in place... and then perhaps you can adhere to it and exercise the ruling of it much more easily... rather than have swears (or possible swears) edited at will by various moderators/admins depending upon their own moral set.

Something a bit comical has just crossed my mind. With the swear filter in place, how can anyone agree on which words are acceptable, and which aren't? All you'll get in posts, instead of the words you are trying to agree on, is 'ubik's, stars and 'spuds of lurve's. Or the comical replacement for the TS forum!

Maybe its funny. Maybe I just don't get out much...

I had a crazy one the other day. If you look at my Samuel L Jackson quotes in another post it even put ubik in the middle of a characters name. The name happened to have a.r.s.e. in the middle of it. :eek:

Or the comical replacement for the TS forum!

Thats the one I was refering to in particular :thumbsup:

Dont see why theres an issue mentioning that one site, when peeps are free to mention celica club, mr2oc, suprasonic etc etc etc..... :rolleyes:

Personally don't see any reason why Toyota Sport .com can't be mentioned on here, theres room for all forums as the web is a big place and members will no doubt cross post...

Am amused by some of the posts over there (read regularly) although ginger hitler and a few other posts over the last few days seem a bit childish if people don;t have the balls to take any personal grievances to hand...

As peeps will know, only mgmt have control over the swear filter...

I tried to type j.e.r.k. in a while ago to describe my gear changing abilities. I just got a load of stars.

:o

Well it`s your own fault for jerking whilst driving. There you go you can call someone a jerking. :lol:

Personally don't see any reason why Toyota Sport .com can't be mentioned on here, theres room for all forums as the web is a big place and members will no doubt cross post...

Am amused by some of the posts over there (read regularly) although ginger hitler and a few other posts over the last few days seem a bit childish if people don;t have the balls to take any personal grievances to hand...

As peeps will know, only mgmt have control over the swear filter...

:thumbsup: Toyota Sport .com ...its .co.uk but fair play to you matey!!! :toast:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links